X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Mountain quest

WTF

I am on a wheel map, hills and mountains every where

I could not afford to grow and settle every where till I find the right one....

as anyone finished this ?

what do you get ?
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Last edited by ZEE; January 13, 2011, 16:13.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

The only time I completed it was when the mountain was actually just south of me beyond some ice so all I had to do was wait for my culture to expand there. Otherwise, not worth doing, just like the Blessed Sea quest.

Effort sets you back way more than what you get as a reward.
      "The state is nothing but an instrument of oppression of one class by another--no less so in a democratic republic than in a monarchy."

Comment

Since the whole game is about making strategic decisions, I don't quite see why the rewards for completing a quest are unknown to you at the time of deciding whether or not to go for the quest.
        "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

Comment

I've got that quest twice. Once I had nearly enough religious buildings already for the holy men to tell me which mountain was the correct one, and once they did I settled it. I don't recall what the reward was, but it wasn't that great. The other time someone else settled next to the mountain 3 turns after I got the quest, and it failed as a result.

The one pointer I can give you is that it will be a single mountain, I don't think it will be connected to another peak or range of peaks. Both times I've seen it the holy mountain has been a single mountain peak at least a couple of squares away from any other mountains.
          Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Seems to be on the poles in the last place on Earth one would want a city. Ignore it.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
              Seems to be on the poles in the last place on Earth one would want a city. Ignore it.

You'd make a terrible Moses, Lancer... *L*
              Noctre, Dak'Tar, the master of the endless shadow that envelops you... That is what they call me. Fear, little mortals, and feed me, for you, my little ones... are mine.

Comment

Talking about Moses... i have a friend who is an egyptologist, and he pointed out to me, that the ending "-ses" means "son of", like in Ramses, son of Ra. So: Moses = son of Moe (Sizlak) ?

Comment

Originally posted by Starfarer

You'd make a terrible Moses, Lancer... *L*
                  I can only guess that may be the exact reason God never gave me such a job.
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Get your holy buildings built, and your holy men will find the Holy Mountain for you. Build a city there if and only if you would normally build a city at the location. +1 Happiness in every city is the reward - should be much better.
                    And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

thanks Supr49er
                      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                      X