No announcement yet.

Where's my fur? Wait, where's my food?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's my fur? Wait, where's my food?!

Gradually putting the machine of war to work on a large map, and my momentum is snowballing.

There is one tiny thorn in my side though. Well, two.

I apparently have no fur. Despite my having a city connected to all my others that is not only nestled on TOP of a fur site, but has two more of them to the west both with camps and roads. I had to ask someone else for some

Secondly, windmills provide food yeah? In a little production town growth was stagnating, so my workers painstakingly ripped down a mine on a plains/hill and put up a great monument to the Windy God.

And still only 1 food DId it again nearby and got the same result.

Before I bother to attach a save or screenshot, has anyone encountered something like these before? Solution? Hidden reason?

A flat plains square normally has 1 food. A hill square has 1 less, so a plains hill normally has 0 food. A windmill gives +1 food, therefore, a plains hill with a windmill is supposed to have 1 food.

And as for fur, your probably have the technology that makes fur obsolete. For some reason, once that happens you can still get it from other civs, but your fur resources no longer give you fur.

Comment

On the food - ah yeah, I should've realised that. I'm a dolt. Thanks for pointing that out

And you're right, I didn't realise resources were obsoleted. Seems a bit buggy that you can still trade for them to get the resource bonus.

I'll have a look when I next play but possibly it could be that the reason I can score some fur and it's bonuses off another civ is that they haven't discovered the tech that obsoletes it. In this case, Plastics (fur). Still a bit of a quirky bit of play logic though I reckon.

Thanks Yosho

Comment

Not at all- IRL western countries don't allow/frown on certain things (collecting ivory, furs), but most people can still obtain them from countries that aren't as concerned. I'm not sure it should be tech-based though. More like civic-based.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

hmmm... risking to get to deep on the IRL-side of things again, i still have to state, ben, that ivory´s and furs´ costumers are mostly from "western" countries, collecting these things as status-symbols (so much about the frowning), and it is those people who are able and willing to pay enough to desperate people that they get corrupted enough to hunt for those things, even tho it is illegal and frowned on in their ("southern") countries.

I just wonder right now, why they dont make elephant farms ? Is it because they grow too slow ?
          Last edited by Unimatrix11; January 25, 2008, 05:59.

Comment

You'd never teach 'em how to harvest the corn.

Comment

Originally posted by Unimatrix11
              I just wonder right now, why they dont make elephant farms ? Is it because they grow too slow ?
              Yeah, it takes like 20 years for a baby elephent to grow up, and they need a huge amount of food the whole time and/or a huge amount of grazing land. Just not practical. Even when people rode elephents in war, they would capture them as adults and then train them; it's never been practical to breed and raise elephents.

Comment

Working...
              X