upgrading unit = losing XP ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading unit = losing XP ?

I had a cool swordsman with triple city raider, combat I and protection against archers as well, with experience points 21/26. Before attacking a city I upgraded him to rifleman but when the turn came to attack he had been demoted to 10/26 XP.

So my simple question is: is this normal? And if so, couldn't they have put it in the manual?
    "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

Whenever you upgrade a unit with more than 10 exp it will go back down 10 unless it is a warlord.
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Comment

Hmmm... pretty sure I've upgraded higher than 10 XP w/o loss of XP. Is this with a patch?
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

It's been that way ever since vanilla. The only change was with warlords being added the units they're attached to not losing their experience.
        "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

Your quote is Thomas Jefferson, btw.
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

A Warlord unit ignores this and keeps all XP.

Wodan

Comment

Originally posted by clarkc "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin
              Originally posted by Theben
              Are you sure?

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" is printed on the title page of An Historical Review of the Constitution and Government of Pennsylvania. (1759).
              Actually, this phrase is attributed to Franklin. In fact, there is some doubt if he was the original author... . Ben itself denied that he wrote it, only a few remarks that were credited to the Pennsylvania Assembly… And the phrase itself was first used in a letter from the Pennsylvania Assembly (November 11, 1755) to the Governor of Pennsylvania. A better candidate could be a diplomat named Richard Jackson, the author of the book, not Jefferson.
              According researchers (google the phrase ), the authorship of the motto is not yet resolved, but the evidence indicates it was very likely Franklin. He had written something similar before: "Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Of course, the dictum quoted by clarkcd is a better motto, an improved and more literary version...

Besides that, everybody else in the world seems to believe that this is from Ben…

Although they can be wrong.
              Last edited by Aro; January 20, 2008, 11:13.
              RIAA sucks
              The Optimistas
              I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                In addition to what Aro said our own beloved CIV attributes it to Franklin as well.
                "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

The wikiquote section of Thomas Jefferson under misatributed to him states that Franklin is believed to have said: "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

The closest to this that Jefferson actually did write was "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

You could at least get the quote right (see below).
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Avalon, when the heck did Dwight Shrute say *that*?
                      "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

Comment

*shrug* I've seen it attributed to both Franklin and Jefferson. More often to Jefferson. If I'm wrong, sue me. It won't be the last time.

Comment

Working...
                        X