Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuclear Plants

Hi,

I am considering the use of nuclear plants to generate my electricity (either that or coal plants, that are too dirty).
    Do you like nuclear plants? Have you already suffered meltdowns? How frequent are they? How does it affect the city? does it get razed?
    When you build a more advanced power plant, does the meltdown risk vanish?

Thanks
    Yuufo

Yuufo Nuclear Plants are severely underpowered in civ, compared to real life, I and many others have complain about this. In civ2 they were ok, but in Civ4 they are useless.
    The odds of Nuclear meltdowns are 1/1000 per turn, meaning that with more than a few nuclear plants, you are probably going to have a meltdown in the game.

I recommend you build hydro where you can, build coal plants where you can't. Where you have coal plants, build recycling plants, since they eliminate all unhealthiness produced by buildings.

You see the silly civ designers have because of lack of foresight totally screwed up the representation of global warming as well, so in the weird world of civ Nuclear war and meltdowns produce global warming.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

I don't like building nuclear plants. They seem to suffer meltdowns way more than they should.

If you can, make an effort to build the Three Gorges Dam to get free power for all your cities. If you play on continents or pangea this is a great wonder.
      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Hydro is the beat way to go

maybe Civ5 we will have fuel cells ?
        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
        X