Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forests (and breaking habits for new civ4 players)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wodan11
    Anyway, you've got a point, but also it sounds like you're improving tiles in advance of your city growth. Unless you're saying all your cities are size 21 before you get the Preserve improvement?
    Well in my last game I was saving 4 Forest tiles if I could, two for Preserves and two for Lumbermills, and there was usually 1 or 2 uselesss tiles like Desert or Mountain. So that leaves maybe 15 tiles worked, which is not unreasonable by that time I don't think. And which also doesn't leave alot of room for new forests to grow. If they were buildable around the time of Civil Service, then they'd have much more use. Maybe not have the happiness bonus that early, but tack it on when you reach Scientific Method.

Comment

Besides the National Park, a forest preserve is nice to build on the edge of tundra without forest since forest is the only way non-fresh water flat tundra can be improved.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
      X