Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The people of Ravenna are rightly asking to join the Dutch empire, should we let...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it is annoying. I keep thinking I'm going to hit the wrong response one of these day.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The real problem is that most often, they aren't rightly asking. Many times, they will be asking to join an empire that never controlled the city and has zero culture in the city's radius, much less the city square itself. In order for this box to come up, you should have to have less culture in the city than the civ they are attempting to join. And I would still tell them where to stick it
      You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

Never seen the damn box.
        www.neo-geo.com

Comment

I have never had this occur. Only times my people are unhappy and wish to join my enemy is when they are in fact not my people at all but weak subjects of a captured city yearning to join their motherland. I wish there was an option to build camps to which I could transfer them into, for a few extra and a few less

"The state is nothing but an instrument of oppression of one class by another--no less so in a democratic republic than in a monarchy."

Comment

Evil Nazi Finland™

Good idea.
            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Fleme
              I have never had this occur. Only times my people are unhappy and wish to join my enemy is when they are in fact not my people at all but weak subjects of a captured city yearning to join their motherland. I wish there was an option to build camps to which I could transfer them into, for a few extra and a few less

-10 "You built kz-camps!"
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

yeah and have the game banned from the german market - thanks...

Comment

Power Punishment Sphere, anyone?
                  Noctre, Dak'Tar, the master of the endless shadow that envelops you... That is what they call me. Fear, little mortals, and feed me, for you, my little ones... are mine.

Comment

While you're at it, slavery should be a US only civic just to make sure Americans never buy the game.
                    Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Yeah, I basically always say "no" to this one.

I guess, if you have a city you can't hold anyway due to cultural borders, you might as well get the diplo bonus from doing it of your own free will rather then it rebelling. Even in this case, though, I think you get the same bonus from just giving the city back on it's own that you would from saying "yes" to this question, right?

Comment

Well yeah, I would assume so. Has to be!
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Yosho
                          Yeah, I basically always say "no" to this one.

I guess, if you have a city you can't hold anyway due to cultural borders, you might as well get the diplo bonus from doing it of your own free will rather then it rebelling. Even in this case, though, I think you get the same bonus from just giving the city back on it's own that you would from saying "yes" to this question, right?
                          I don't think whether you liberate in response to this prompt or on your own matters, but you don't get the diplo bonus if you "return to x's control" when you capture the city. So stupid to have to wait till it comes out of revolt...
                          You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

Working...
                          X