AI vs. AI warfare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI vs. AI warfare

Is there some improvement mod or anything that would make the AI make war with another AI more efficiently?

Often when they attack me, they come in large numbers and even if I can fight them off they do not show any lack of resolve going about their warmaking task.

But I often see seriously low-intensive wars when an AI goes to war with another AI.

In my current game the Koreans had the strongest army on the map but lacked expansion space (thanks to me) so a half-decent attack troup walked though my territory up to Roosevelt (a very long distance I might add, at least ten turns of walking).

When they got to the destination city, they attacked the first turn. It was a draw. And now the Korean survivors (also those troops from the current era with full health) walked home and I noticed new troops beginning the walk through my territory. A few dats this time with the other guys.

My point is, the survivors should have stayed up there, hide in my territory if they wanted and wait for reinforcements, rather than leaving the arena and letting the reinforcement become the only combattants.

Moreover, when the reinforcments arrived att he city, Roosevelt upgraded the archers to longbows, and the newly arrived reinforcements started to walk back and new people were gathering in the home territories and started the walk through my land to Roosevelt.

They are still at war but apart from the initial one-turn battle the war has consisted of Korean walking up and down my territory. What's all that about. It's very frustrating since I was hoping the Koreans could weaken Roosevelt a bit so I could attack myself. Now I have had to face him head-on instead while strong Korean troops officially at war are out on a walking spree.

Can this situation be improved?
    "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

Sounds about right to me. Koreans everywhere but at the front. We used to call thet kind of activity a "Chinese Fire Drill" in less sensitive times. Instead of forming a bucket brigade, each one takes a bucket all the way to the well, works the mechanism to get water from the well, fills the bucket, runs all the way to the fire with the full bucket, and throws the water at the fire. Needless to say, lots of running, a big jam at the well, and a fire completely out of control. In your case, at least he has your territory to keep Roosevelt from running down the wounded.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Sometimes the AI gets it right.
      WHEN THEY HAVE THE MOTHER OF ALL SOD, they''ll take whatever is in it's path against another AI. But sometimes they'll slow down to heal when they really don't need to. Sometimes a nice colateral damage hit when they're far enough off will send them scrammbling to save ground to heal.

Agressive AI option is the only way to go.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Does aggressive AI also affect AI to AI attitudes or does it solely affect how the AI behaves towards to human? I did little a check with the worldbuilder and it seemed it only affects AI vs human attitudes (all AI annoyed at human, but cautious towards other AI). I can't believe I'm saying this, but there's far too little warfaring going on in Civ4.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Are we playing the same game?
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
            Does aggressive AI also affect AI to AI attitudes or does it solely affect how the AI behaves towards to human? ...
            It is suggested that you play more games with aggressive AI. You will find that even AI-vs.-AI warfare is much more pronounced.

Remember, zero or a small number of games does not make a fair sampling.

Comment

Working...
            X