Battlemap button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlemap button

There should be a button so that the map highlights all enemy units (more), and also what they see of you (as far as you know from your own spoting).

TOTALLY disagree. You should never have certain knowledge of what the enemy knows. To allow it would be to give yet another argument of civ being unrealistic. Also, how do you think the MP community would feel?
    Last edited by Jaybe; January 12, 2008, 19:12.

Comment

The MP community would probably say it's a bad idea but to be honest all that means is that Firaxis are more likely to put it in the game.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

If I'm understanding correctly, the original poster is talking about simply making information that you could find out already more accessable. That is, if I want, I can locate all enemy units visible to me. I can even, with a little experience, figure out what *they* can see of me. However, this is slow and tedius. Heck, in my experience, even locating visible enemy units on the map can be slow and tedious, especially if their player's color blends in to map color. Why would it be cheating or underhanded or unbalancing to simply have this information at our fingertips. Personally, I think that's a great idea.

For what it's worth, I agree it isn't terribly realistic to know what an enemy can see, but that's already true for any experienced player (on a unit-by-unit basis; it's simply convenience that would let you "paint" a map with enemy visibility). The real gripe here is that all units have exactly the same visibility (unless they have sentry; and all units with sentry are the same as well), and that horse has long since left the barn.

Comment

Ari, you got my suggestion right. Thats why i said "as far as you know from your own spotting". If the enemy has a bomber in a city, which you cant see, and gives the enemy information about the location of some of your troops (and only that bomber does that), then this info would NOT be shown on the Battlemap (e.g. the units located by the bomber not highlighted).

Comment

i had this idea, when i wasnt sure: "can he see my stack, or cant he ?" - with his unit being "half-diagonal" behind a mountain, two tiles away - kinda like that:

OHE
            SMO

O=plains, H= hill, E=enemy, S=stack, M=mountain

I wasnt sure, and would have liked to know...

Comment

Working...
            X