All too easy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All too easy...

Message comes up about a massive barb outbreak. My archer is built in my cap, nobody has a second city yet. First message after: Spanish Civ toast. They had founded buddhism. Next message, English Civ toast, they are right next door! So I send a warrior over to recon. London is there, its barb, but nobody is home. Size 2 city, I walk in, its mine.

Several turns later the Koreans switch to bud so I figure they took Madrid? Guess I'll find out.

Why did the barbs abandon London? If they did, the English could have re-emerged, but I guess that's not written.

Still, I expected to find massive barb power, not a late Christmas present.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Barb uprising is cool event. I don't mind if it screws up my game every now and then... it also makes life hard to others sometimes.

Comment

The barbarians that spawn from the events are inherently roamers. (They never leave a defender, although will start building them) They just crash everyone's party and leave right after. When the event occurs and they're not coming after you, it's good to be on the lookout for unguarded capitals.
      "The state is nothing but an instrument of oppression of one class by another--no less so in a democratic republic than in a monarchy."

Comment

Rome re-emerged after the first barb sacking, Byzantium after the Crusaders showed their true colors and sacked the place. Captured and discarded caps should reemerge, but without a defender, gold, sci progress lost on what was being studied, infrastructure damaged, but with a birth rate boost soon after...
        Last edited by Lancer; January 4, 2008, 06:39.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

do you love it when barbs respawn on islands

AND

you cant get there
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
          X