No announcement yet.

Some pointers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone can attack directly from the boat. However, there are two things: first, unless you disembark from the boat into a friendly city, it takes all your move to get off, so even a 2 or 4 move unit like gunships can only move the one square, and second, unless the unit has the Amphibious promotion, there's a hefty 25% strength penalty to the attack. You need to have really superior units to pull it off without luck.
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Or plenty artillery.
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Quillan
        unless the unit has the Amphibious promotion, there's a hefty 25% strength penalty to the attack.
        Nitpck Alert! Non-amphibious penalty is 50, not 25%. It's across-river attack without amphibious that is 25%.

Comment

hi im new

Comment

good to know homestopher

I just had that experience where I get gangstomped by every neighbour I have. it's kinda annoying. I really need more warfare experience. I have a bad tendency to send out troops in small groups, which always ends in said troops getting killed by the AI. I also really need keep in mind that siege weapons are amazingly powerful.

side note though. I beat the snot out of the khmers by using spies and horse archers, later spies and knights. a round of revolt is = to a lot of siege hammering. of course, the collateral damage from some suicide cats are one thing that cannot be replaced by seemingly anything.

also a side note. my luck and the battle odds calculator are NOT cooperating. 3 times I lost a battle at 95%. that gets tired real fast. and I did not attack 60 times at that odds.
            Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

Originally posted by LzPrst
              a round of revolt is = to a lot of siege hammering. of course, the collateral damage from some suicide cats are one thing that cannot be replaced by seemingly anything.
              Sometimes I use a spy AND send in the siege units. Either way, you have to take down the defenses. So, the spy saves that effort, regardless. If I want the collateral damage, that's step 2. Step 3 = profit of course.

Wodan

Comment

Originally posted by homestopher
                hi im new
                Welcome to the forum.
                And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by homestopher
                  hi im new
                  Welcome, d_lad (right?) Glad your account is working properly
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                  X