No fish around the Philippines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No fish around the Philippines?

I'm playing the 1000AD scn and there's no fish around the Philippines. Some of the world's great reefs are here. There's always tuna, and sometimes the runs can be quite large. One going on right now. The catch is lined up in iced basins on the road every morning, heading to the cities. There should be a fish in the central Philippines, right smack in the middle, and another just south of Mindanao, at least.

I just hope when I get to uncover Oregon there's a crab offshore or you'll be hearing from me again.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

The same could probably be said for a hundred other "missing" resources, Lancer (not just water ones, either). At some point, gameplay balance needs to take precedence over realism.

Wodan

Comment

Originally posted by wodan11
      The same could probably be said for a hundred other "missing" resources, Lancer (not just water ones, either). At some point, gameplay balance needs to take precedence over realism.

Wodan

Gameplay balance only matters if I'm losing!

(kidding, kidding)
      Noctre, Dak'Tar, the master of the endless shadow that envelops you... That is what they call me. Fear, little mortals, and feed me, for you, my little ones... are mine.

Comment

Yes I know about gameplay balance, I just wanted to tell you guys about the fishing here and one can't just make a thread about fish can one? No that would be anarchy. It needs a Civ IV tie in, and it's got it.

I also noticed on the 1000AD map that the water is the same color as everywhere else when in fact the water here is clear, unless there's a storm.

Also there's places where the white sand combines with the clear water, warm tropical temps and sun to make that 'azure' color, but I'm not sure if 'azure' is the word I'm looking for, or how it might be best represented in the game.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Go to worldbuilder and quit whining. Geez, is this what they taught you in the army?
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

there should be more food in china and india.
            Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

Typically runoff and rivers are the main source of coastline impurities (resulting in the less than clear azure ocean color you see in most non-island nations). So it's not surprising that the Philippines have nice beaches.

Wodan

Comment

Working...
              X