Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can someone explain to me how trade works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone explain to me how trade works?

Maybe I just dont get it, but other than strategic resources I just dont understand how trade works. i see the stuff in relation to the cities and when there connected, but i just dont understand overall how trade and more specifically, international trade work. anyone care to explain?

nevermind i caught on solvers writngs

Comment

Ok i guess time for a new question. What does BTS change about vanilla?

Comment

BTS greatly increases the gold from foreign trade routes, especally overseas.

Something like 1.5X for foreign (land) routes over vanilla (for extended peace)

Overseas routes increased even more, in adition to the extended peace something like 2.0X base + a Custom House improvement increases its value further.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

is that all thats different about BTS?

Is the AI any smarter?

Comment

Say I have two hammers but no shovel and you have 2 shovels but no hammer. I give you a hammer and you give me a shovel, and that's a trade.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

In relation to trade routes that even the AI doesn't control yes.

In relation to trading of resources and the AI in BTS

With 3.13 + Bhuric's patch, trading of resources is esstinatly the same as ever until Corporations start getting involvd.

(3.13 actually introduced a bad trade bug fixed by Bhuric.)

Post Corporations though, I'm told the AI is just as relunant to trade away a resource in use by it's corporations that a human is.
              And the AI demands a small premium for giving you a resource that your corp would use. It is however much smaller than the you don't have the resource at all, so spare food resources are extremely cheap. Spare strategic resources though tend to be expensive if your not trading one of those back.

Originally posted by faded glory
              is that all thats different about BTS?

Is the AI any smarter?
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

If you have a question, then solve it yourself, it's only good manners to include an explanation of how or a link to your sources for other chaps like myself who also want to know the answer to your post.

Comment

fg, are you asking what's different in general about BtS, not just about trade routes? In that case, the AI is a lot smarter ...
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

thank you snoopy

Comment

Working...
                    X