Civ 4 norton antivirus bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 4 norton antivirus bug

For whatever reason having these two makes Civ 4 not run. It will say something wrong CD

Re: Civ 4 norton antivirus bug

Originally posted by mrp
    For whatever reason having these two makes Civ 4 not run. It will say something wrong CD
    I run norton and Civ IV works fine.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I have Norton's and don't have this problem. You running it through Daemon tools? Norton has "issues" with that program.

Comment

Are you sure you have the right CD in there? For vanilla, the "Play" CD is the wrong one, you need disk 1 (Install). Don't ask why.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

try unistalling civ

turn off Norton and reinstall civ

this helps me with every game I install
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

You'll also either have to manually install patches, or turn Norton off when you use the in-game updater.
            Civ4 CFC Hall of Fame: Forums, Rules, FAQ, Tables, Email: hof.civfanatics@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Methos from CFC
              You'll also either have to manually install patches, or turn Norton off when you use the in-game updater.
              I've never had a problem with Norton when it comes to patching myself. I wasn't even aware there was a potential problem until recently.

Comment

All should dump Norton! It is a resource hog!! Use NOD32 instead.
                "'Let there be light!' said God, and there was light.
                'Let there be blood!' says man, and there's a sea!"

Comment

NOD32
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko
                    All should dump Norton! It is a resource hog!!
                    Not a problem when you have an AMD X2 6000+ and 4 gig or RAM, I can handle it just fine. I think those claims are overrated myself. Looking in my Task Manager, I see nothing from Norton that would be considered excessive.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

Not a problem when you have an AMD X2 6000+ and 4 gig or RAM, I can handle it just fine. I think those claims are overrated myself.
                      Show off!

Seriously though I don't have a computer that good. Ever since I switched to NOD32 it has freed up a lot of ram and there is less CPU usage.
                      "'Let there be light!' said God, and there was light.
                      'Let there be blood!' says man, and there's a sea!"

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

I've never had a problem with Norton when it comes to patching myself. I wasn't even aware there was a potential problem until recently.
                        First I've heard of this, and I run full-scale Norton, never off. Norton does ask me about the internet accesses and the installs, but I soothe it with the appropriate "yeses," resulting in no actual problems.
                        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I'm running Norton Internet Security if that matters. It never allows me to use the in-game patch installer.
                          Civ4 CFC Hall of Fame: Forums, Rules, FAQ, Tables, Email: hof.civfanatics@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Methos from CFC
                            I'm running Norton Internet Security if that matters. It never allows me to use the in-game patch installer.
                            I'd suggest getting rid of that and just using the basic Norton Anti-Virus. I was running it for awhile and it's a major pain in the butt. It's far too intrusive as you're discovering. It's meant for family types who don't know a thing about computers and are paranoid about anything going wrong.

Comment

Working...
                            X