Can't see some units in BTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't see some units in BTS

So I have this problem, I can't see what units enemy ships are carrying onboard. They move to my coast pretending to be some innocent empty vessels (not that I've believed that for a second) and then out of nowhere they unload a bunch of troops.

If I hover the mouse over my own ships then it's all visible, but other civ ships always appear as empty. Is there some magical button I've missed or something? I didn't had this problem in vanilla.

The military personal are below deck so you can't see them.
    The AI uses Work boats for exploring coast in BTS so if the unit can carry military personal (or a unit+settler combo) its probably not empty.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Is there an espionage level at which you can see their units? I miss that mission from previous civ versions.

Comment

Ok, so I take it that's a new feature of BTS then and not some glitch. I wonder about espionage too, mine was just a bit higher than theirs so I could only look at their research.

Comment

Has anyone ever tried to board an enemy ship with a spy?
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yes on a by city basis, but it's a lot of points. The exact amount is slightly variable on the same turn (size and/or distance from your capital) so once it starts it turns on like popcorn.

And with a lot more points you can see what their cities are producing.

Originally posted by SerapisIV
            Is there an espionage level at which you can see their units? I miss that mission from previous civ versions.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by xalien
              Ok, so I take it that's a new feature of BTS then and not some glitch. I wonder about espionage too, mine was just a bit higher than theirs so I could only look at their research.
              No, it's been like that ever since Civ 4 came out. You've never been able to see what troops are being transported in this game.

Comment

As I recall, it's been that way since the very beginning of Civ the game. In CivII if you saw an extended 'shadow' behind the ship you knew there was more than 1 unit in that tile, and if it was a ship transport it probably had units on board.
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

No, it's been like that ever since Civ 4 came out. You've never been able to see what troops are being transported in this game.
                  Huh? That's not what I remember. It feels like it was yesterday when Monty have sent 2 galleys towards my city and I could see what they were carrying, I could swear on that. Unless my own memory have suffered a major glitch .

Comment

I don't ever remember being able to see what units enemy transports are carrying.
                    "'Let there be light!' said God, and there was light.
                    'Let there be blood!' says man, and there's a sea!"

Comment

I'd swear that pre-BtS you could mouseover another civ's fleet and it would list not only the ships but the units in them too.

Now you just have to assume the worst.
                      Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

You'd be, generally, correct. I think it was a warlords patch that introduced the hidden units, but either way certainly in initial vanilla it was possible.
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Yay, it's not a bug and I'm not going crazy, the world is good again .

Comment

Any chance of re-adding the Civ2 mission to steal military plans and see all of the opponents units for a little while?

Comment

That mission was in vanilla Civ4 as well so I don't think it would be very hard to put it back.

Comment

Working...
                              X