Changing Options mid game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Options mid game

I play custom games and have the option for perm alliance usually on. I got a new computer and forgot to click this on a huge map. Having spent much time and effort to get friendly with the AI, I waited until I got facism to create an alliance and realized I forgot to check this box on the new setup. Does anyone know a way to change these options. Come to thing of it, it would be handy to turn off the barbs if they get too annoying.

Thanks
    Mike

In civ vanilla, you could simply open the savegame as a text document, and the options were towards the top, a "Permanent alliance=on" comand would fix it.

However, I have no clue whether or not this still works in BTS.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, however, it did not open properly as a text document. All Ascii, no english.

Mike

Comment

well shux, guess you'll have to restart...

I've done that very same mistake once or twice. It's not a game breaker.

Heck even with the option on it doesnt even work sometimes.

Pericles in my present game "doesnt like me enough" even though he's friendly with only a single -2 for trading with his vassal, and all the possible possitives I can get... /sigh
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

To do this you need save the game as a scenario from the worldbuilder menu. That will create the text version of the save that will allow you to modify the options with notepad.

Keep in mind that this will loose some information about your game (production progress towards builds, damage on units, etc).

Comment

Working...
          X