civ 4 complete wont patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civ 4 complete wont patch

Hey I got civ 4 complete today off the net and I installed it off the dvd, i tried to patch it using the manual install files and it says it cannot find the install directory and just exits out of the installer. It also says it has the latest version when i try to install through the game, i know it is an out of date version, it looks like a rtm version number. the install directoy is:
    E:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete
    Can someone please help me fix this, i really want to play with my friends online.

If you bought it from Steam or Direct2Drive then there is a different version of the patch that you need to get from them. Look on their web page for "downloads" or something like that.

Wodan

Comment

Originally posted by wodan11
      If you bought it from Steam or Direct2Drive then there is a different version of the patch that you need to get from them. Look on their web page for "downloads" or something like that.

Wodan
      it was an import dvd version of it. it was not digital distribution.

Comment

I have civ4 complete, and I believe it came patched to the latest version. At least, I don't remember patching it.

Comment

ya i found out on cfc after posting about that, what was throwing me off was the build number, usually the build number has some correlation to the version number, or is higher than it, i would certainly not assume it to be lower...

Comment

Can you post a screenshjot of the build number please?
            I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Re: civ 4 complete wont patch

Originally posted by th3flyboy
              Hey I got civ 4 complete today off the net
              Also - what site is shipping to Nth America please?

It will make it much easier for those who want it rather than having a non Nth American post it to them.

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog
                Can you post a screenshjot of the build number please?
                This was the only thread I could find on this. Update says no updates available.

Screenie -
                Attached Files
                There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Go into Multiplayer>Internet Games>Create new account/login. You should be given an auto update from gamespy then that installs automatically.
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by th3flyboy
                    Hey I got civ 4 complete today off the net and I installed it off the dvd,
                    Civ 4 Complete is just that, complete. You don't need to patch it. Yet. Sometime this year there'll probably be another patch but for the time being you've got all there is.

Comment

I should have looked here earlier.
                      Attached Files
                      There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

That's not quite true Willem. IMO it's a good idea to get Bhruic's patch, which is not included with Complete.

Wodan

Comment

Working...
                        X