I've got a Blockage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got a Blockage

By running my first settler over to a blocking position I've managed to slice off a decent portion of the map for me. It's mine now, and none other, because it belongs to my civ. Civilization according to Lancer is free to expand within. Anyway, to achieve this wonder my first city was set down right on the border of the Ottoman. A few turns later Judaism was founded in it, countering the nassy cultural impact of the Turk.

If anyone cares to tell me how to post a screenshot, I can now do so. Otherwise I'll just go on as I do.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Happy as a pig in his very own pond of swill am I, at least until there was found to be no bronze within! So, slightly outside of my second city point of contention was found bronze nearby a fine little river... right next to the Ottoman second city. So my third city site was found on the borders of my and the Turk second city but without the sacred borders of my sanctum sanctorum personal pond of swill.

Comment

The Ottoman is the 3rd most powerful, Carthage the 8th. I'm Carthage. He's getting ready to kick my ass.

Breaking loose the Blockage?
      Last edited by Lancer; December 21, 2007, 02:54.

Comment

Maybe time to connect those 3 cities an build many an elite axeman? And behead some ottomans?

At any rate the 2nd city needs to have barracks and walls, and "a few good men" to hold off any ottos that wander to close to you. I assume you declined any free passage agreements that have been offered?
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Just a moment ago I recieved and declined the first offer from the Ottomaniac who got writing one turn before me. As for my border, my blockage city is being held by two warriors :gulp: my third bronze city by an archer. Both cities are building baracks. My cap is building the Grt Lighthouse. All 3 cities are connected by a road. Meanwhile, increased barb activity within my sanctum to the south suggests there may be a barb city. A single warrior with no upgrades protects me from barb incursions on my otherwise exposed southern border. He stands alone opon a wooded hill...These are tense times.

Out in the world beyond, the Germans and the Mongols are going at it. May it profit them, and me.
          Last edited by Lancer; December 21, 2007, 03:15.

Comment

I assume by 'blockage' you mean he can't settle past you, so you have a large area to settle peacefully at your leisure. If so, build your defenses in the Jewish city ASAP, the other soon, and get some city crackers down south to find those barb cities.
            Also don't wait too long to settle where you can.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

No, I haven't taken a dump in three days.

Comment

Oh! The game, right. Yes that's what it means. I'm now building an archer and an axman.

Comment

The Mongol has 6 cities to my 3, including Hamburg. He came demanding a clam, I denied the threat and then turned around and gifted it to him until my borders are prepared. Seems the Ottoman and I may have something in common...Mongols!

Axman now in position in blockage city.

Comment

Mongols have burned Berlin! Citizens rising up...

Grim. Mongols and Germans both asked my help...No!

Comment

The Ottomans have cities in positions across the path of any eventual Mongol invasion, and the Ottomans predictably have adopted my religion...as have the Mongols!

My border is starting to be well sealed. I've one settler building and in three turns another will join it.

In other good news...I've BUILT THE GREAT LIGHTHOUSE! Three dancing bananas will be sacrificed on this day to remember!

These will be known for all time as glory days.

Comment

Just built 2, count em, 2 new cities. One has stone within its borders and is ocean and lake front. It will be a powerful addition to my civ one day. The other has horses (I'm Carthaginian) and marble adjacent and is basicly a resource city. Both are within my enclave.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                          No, I haven't taken a dump in three days.
                          Gosh ! Thats so funny !

Comment

looks like you're doing well. keep up the good work, and get us some screens!
                            Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

I could post screens, but someone has to tell me how it's done.

Comment

Working...
                              X