Global Warming woes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joncnunn
    Wouldn't that better describe Global COOLING???
    We all know that "global warming" is a misnomer of civ tradition and therefore just a label. Could just as easily called it "friccasia" or even ... "nuclear winter."

While nuclear fallout could (or not) make land totally unusable, trunda would just degrade it, which I see as appropriate.

Comment

One of the other (very theoretical) possibilities of a large scale nuclear attack is something about the thinning of the atmosphere; I don't recall the details.

Anyway that would result in greater desertification.

Nuclear winter is only one possibility, or it could be a combination- winter immediately, followed by a nuclear summer.

Comment

Originally posted by ProfessorPhobos
        One of the other (very theoretical) possibilities of a large scale nuclear attack is something about the thinning of the atmosphere; I don't recall the details.

Anyway that would result in greater desertification.

Nuclear winter is only one possibility, or it could be a combination- winter immediately, followed by a nuclear summer.
        This is true, but wouldn’t the nuclear winter last for several years?
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

If it happens at all, sure. Maybe the next expansion pack will have a more detailed ecological and climatological model...

Comment

Oh, ... you mean right after the real thing occurs?

Comment

Working...
            X