What is the 1st Strike chance %?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the 1st Strike chance %?

Every other drill promotion gives 1 extra first strike chance. What does this chance translate to? 50%?

Someone explained first strike in detail somewhere else.
    From memory.
    It's not 50% extra chance to win.
    It's best used when you know your units going to lose but you want it to cause maximum damage.
    When fighting another unit with FS it just figures out who has the most FS's. eg. drillII archer vs drilI archer is the same as a DrilIArcher vs no promo archer.
    Do some tests with the Map editor..

Comment

Okay my perception is like this:

First, the difference in first strikes are calculated - only the one with more FS in a battle will actually use them and only as many as the difference is. (A unit with 2 FS versus a unit with 1FS will result in the former having a chance for 1FS)

Then the first strikes are conducted. The question of the opening post, i think, is: What are the chances of a FS to hit and if it hits, how much damage does it deal ?

Of course after the FS, the rest of the battle is conducted.

BTW: FSs are not only useful, when you are sure to loose, they are also extremely useful, when you are sure to win. The enemy is dead, before he can even strike back. March on without healing delay!

Comment

think you guys missed his question.

He asked what is the chance of getting the first strike on a "first strike chance". drill 1 is "an extra first strike chance" drill 4 ends up like "2 to 4 extra first strikes".
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

I think each "first strike chance" gives you a 1/2 chance of getting an extra first strike.

Comment

So the answer is "yes ?" and thats it ?

Comment

Working...
            X