Project vs Wonder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project vs Wonder

I only recently noticed that some of the Wonders are called Projects. Others are labeled Team (project or wonder). Wondering what the difference is between a Project and a Wonder? And I assume that Team means only one per team, but each Team can build one. Kinda like each Nation can only have one National Wonder, but each nation can build one.
    Fitz. (n.) Old English
    1. Child born out of wedlock.
    2. Bastard.

I think that the difference is that a wonder can be rushed via chopping, slavery, gold, or great engineers while a project cannot be rushed.
    LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Team means 1 per team, yes. I believe you can also work on them jointly (or at least on some??)

Projects are essentially national wonders (in that they are one per nation) and cannot be rushed. They are also announced to the world (like a full wonder).
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

So that means that The Internet can be done by every Civ individually? What about The Manhatten Project?
        Fitz. (n.) Old English
        1. Child born out of wedlock.
        2. Bastard.

Comment

A great wonder could be worked on by both partners in a permanent alliance. Hypothetically, if nobody had build the Sistine Chapel, then both you and your partner could each have a city building it, but only the first one to complete the wonder would get it and the other would get money for the hammers invested. A team project could only have one under construction at a time. If your partner starts building the Internet in a little 3 hammer-per-turn village, until he removes it from the production queue you won't even be able to start work on it. In the case of the spaceship components, each of your modules contributes towards the whole of the ship.
          Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Also, as said, projects can't be hurried. And projects do not physically exist in any city, they just are. Wonders can be captured (or theoretically destroyed, if the rules allowed that). Projects can't be captured as they do not exist in any city, they just are there for the civ that completes them.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

you can chop forests for projects, and at least before BtS you could pseudo-rush by applying overflow from cash- or pop-rushing other stuff to the project. i haven't tried that in BtS but i imagine it still works.

the "where are projects based?" question came up on some other forum yesterday. i figured out the weirdness a while back when i wanted to destroy someone's SDI, had no luck of course. i guess that's why you can destroy completed spaceship parts in any city, rather than only where they were built, because apollo and therefore the whole ship is a project?

i like that rule if i want to destroy parts, since i can go to the city where i get the biggest discount. i don't like it when they're the ones doing it to me.

Originally posted by Quillan
              A great wonder could be worked on by both partners in a permanent alliance. Hypothetically, if nobody had build the Sistine Chapel, then both you and your partner could each have a city building it, but only the first one to complete the wonder would get it and the other would get money for the hammers invested.
              no, world wonders can only be worked on by one person in the PA at a time. if he's building it somewhere it's greyed out in all other cities, yours and his. the other person can start it if the first takes it out of the queue, just like you can in your own cities of course.

Comment

If I recall correctly:

World Projects=World Wonders

Team Projects=National Wonders

The rule I generally follow is that if it gets a movie then it's a World Wonder/Project. The only exceptions are Shrines and Corporate HQs which are classed as World Wonders but don't get movies (Shrines do get splash screens but Corp HQs get nothing).

Comment

Working...
                X