Teh idea for Civ V - Grand projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teh idea for Civ V - Grand projects

Well currently you have your wonders, and they represent large projects that your Civ is working on. But there is one "major" project which is the spaceship.

This is something that you build for a long time, consistes of lots of different parts, spreads out across your cities. You have a race with your opponent and you even interfere with other players (whether by war or sabotage) to stop them.

I think that this is quite cool and gives a very interesting reason to change your diplomacy with states and enemies.

I also think that it would be realistic to have a few more "arms races" that would be more detailed than 2 nations going for the same wonder.

The best example that comes to mind, is making the development of nuclear weapons / strategic missiles a big thing.

Think about the last 50 years - the arms race in the field of nuclear weapons and strategic missiles between the US and the USSR.

Think about all the diplomacy and war going on regarding Iraq, North Korea and Iran, due to their WMD programs.

If you make the WMD project bigger by making it consist of several technologies and particles - you would create arms races.

You would see countries using spies, diplomacy and even war to stop nations from developing WMD's. You'll see wonderful new arms races.

Whadda ya think?

I can't take seriously someone who can't spell THE.

Comment

Yeah, in other words, reintroduce teh "World Wonder" concept that Civ4 destroyed by including 2,000 wonders and 3,000 "national wonders" that anyone with half a city somewhere can build.
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I don't think Firaxis is ready to even think about Civ5. I know I'm not.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

It will be a long time coming, if there's a CiV.

But I do like the idea of grand projects, but I wouldn't like to see a WMD based one.

There's plenty of other "Grand Projects" you can base off:
          - China's Grand Canals
          - Australia's Snowy River Hydro Project
          - Russia's Trans-Siberia Railway
          - etc

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
            CiV
            Nooooo!
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

The only major project in the game is a game breakingly powerful.

How do you propose making a project - one that doesn't cause the game to end and does require multiple cities to complete it - both good enough to risk losing production from multiple cities and not so good that it isn't too powerful?
              LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

How about a project that can be shared by many civilizations like the International Space Station that gives them an advantage over the non-participating civs?
                And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by Supr49er
                  How about a project that can be shared by many civilizations like the International Space Station that gives them an advantage over the non-participating civs?
                  nice one! like that alot. say with maybe an inital cash deposit required to paticipate ... or some means of making it an investment in which everyone couldn't automatically hop on board the wagon

Comment

Originally posted by jackal@ns

nice one! like that alot. say with maybe an inital cash deposit required to paticipate ... or some means of making it an investment in which everyone couldn't automatically hop on board the wagon
                    An ownership system perhaps? The more modules you build the greater the benefits you get. If you don’t build any modules you can still get a modest bonus by paying a maintenance fee.
                    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

All these suggestions were in the Civ III List of Ideas...
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                      X