Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collateral damage calculations

How is collateral damage calculated?
    Higher siege unit attack strength gives more collateral damage?
    Will there always be a minimum collateral damage done when siege units are sent for suicide attacks?

To the third - in my experience, yes. IE, a cat with 0.1 remaining will do the same collateral as a cat with 5.0 remaining.

I think units have a set percent of collateral damage they deal, and that is then increased by their promotions etc.; it is not necessarily related to 'strength' though I think it typically is consistent (except for tanks, I think it's less there). I believe it's explicitly defined in the units xml.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Re: Collateral damage calculations

Originally posted by Fistleaf
      How is collateral damage calculated?
      Higher siege unit attack strength gives more collateral damage?
      Will there always be a minimum collateral damage done when siege units are sent for suicide attacks?
      From base strength and the collateral rating of the unit, versus the base strength of the target unit (ie, the unit receiving the collateral damage - not the unit receiving the combat damage), with a bit of fudge for drill promotions.

All of which is done using integer math, which adds some mystery to the final results.

For siege units, I believe that they all start with 100 collateral strength, so damage does map one to one with base combat strength. Tanks start with 0 collateral strength; so are weaker with regard to collateral damage than a siege unit of similar strength.

As for minimum damage: in theory no (integer math) but in practice yes, your siege unit is guaranteed to do at least some collateral damage to some of the idle defenders.

Comment

I've definitely had siege units do their normal siege damage when at 0.2 or 0.1... I don't think it is related to their health at all (I think it happens once at the start and then no more).
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
          I don't think it is related to their health at all (I think it happens once at the start and then no more).
          Both of these are correct.

Comment

Working...
          X