Djengis offers a city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Djengis offers a city

I'm playing Abraham lincoln in CIV 4 BTS at prince level.
    It's 1075 BC. The mongols are to the east of me and cut off by me. I seem to be much more advanced in tech and population, but djengis has axes while I have only warriors. I've hooked up far-away copper, but need another 10 turns or so to connect it to my happy size8 high production capital.
    Djengis has had the axe-handle random event and a barracks, so his axemen are mostly combat II+shock.
    There's a stack of 3 axemen in the nearest city and 2 roaming
    about my territory. I started producing warriors (I can do 1/turn) and researching archery, but if he comes for me now it's goodbye capital. He already asked me to stop trading with Sitting Bull, wich I did of course and then....

He gave me one of his cities out of respect!
    What's this? Is this a trick? There's no way I could hold this
    city, but it should slow him down so I can save the capital at least.
    Attached Files

I've no Idea what he's doing here and why his cities are so small.
    Attached Files

Comment

He's realized that he can't manage his cities, so he's letting you build his empire for him.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Hurry and get feudalism, maybe he'll capitulate.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Although if you're worried about an assault, why are you building the Pyramids?
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

The culture from Washington was too much for the small city with 0 culture to handle. This happens from time to time when you have a city with overwhelming culture and the AI foolishly founds a city right next to the border.

Just a couple of days ago I was playing Emperor and Suleiman offered me one of his cities that he had founded just outside my capital, which had 2 wonders and was the center of a religion.

I've also found Hannibal to be one of those guys who loves to give away cities - and for some peculiar reason the city he always offers is Kerkouane. I have no idea why but out of the 5 times I've gotten a city from the AI for free, 3 times have been Kerkouane from Hannibal. Strange.
            "The state is nothing but an instrument of oppression of one class by another--no less so in a democratic republic than in a monarchy."

Comment

Normally, cities revolt at least once before flipping, but he just gave it away to prevent a revolt. Not a smart move IMO. Anyway he sent an expedition through my territory to a barbarian town, and then declared war when I already had catapults, and he had no more than axemen and archers.

I had started to built the pyramids when I became worried about Djengis. I was able to finish it after building some more troops.

Comment

Working...
              X