No previos Installation?! What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No previos Installation?! What?

I bought the Beyond the Sword expansion a coupla days ago and installed it. Been playing. I downloaded the patch from gamershell.com and when I try to install i'm told that I need a previous installation to run the patch. But...but...I have it! argh! Suggestions? I didn't see a place to download the latest patch from an official civ site through google.

1) Have you tried the patch hosted at apolyton's server?

2) Are you using a no-CD crack?
    Last edited by MoonWolf; December 7, 2007, 08:33.

Comment

Are you using the retail version, or direct2drive/steam? D2D/Steam need a different patch.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
        Are you using the retail version, or direct2drive/steam? D2D/Steam need a different patch.

Ahhh yes. I used a direct download version. Its from Direct2Drive.com. Know where I might find the appropriate patch?

Comment

Originally posted by FireWalkWithMe
          Ahhh yes. I used a direct download version. Its from Direct2Drive.com. Know where I might find the appropriate patch?
          go the following page on the Direct2Drive site

Direct2Drive is one of the original and longest running PC core game digital distributor founded in 2004. Direct2Drive’s offering covers the most AAA publishers of all digital distributors for direct to download and STEAM platform keys. We here at Direct2Drive, will continue to build upon the current foundation to deliver a better way to Discover, Discuss, and Purchase games. It is our belief that the future of games is through digital distribution and we will continue to give our consumers a better way to game.

You can find the BtS patch there.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

go the following page on the Direct2Drive site

Direct2Drive is one of the original and longest running PC core game digital distributor founded in 2004. Direct2Drive’s offering covers the most AAA publishers of all digital distributors for direct to download and STEAM platform keys. We here at Direct2Drive, will continue to build upon the current foundation to deliver a better way to Discover, Discuss, and Purchase games. It is our belief that the future of games is through digital distribution and we will continue to give our consumers a better way to game.

You can find the BtS patch there.
            Thanks. Sadly i'm not being told a file named Boost_python-vc71-m1-1_32.dll is not found and to try reinstalling. Ugh. That's not working either. Hoping Direct2Drive support can assist.

Comment

Redownload BtS in its enterity from D2D. It will be the patched version...

That file missing is possibly a vanilla civ file - I don't recall how the boost libraries are updated and stored but I think some refer back to the original Vanilla files. You probably just need that update.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                Redownload BtS in its enterity from D2D. It will be the patched version...

That file missing is possibly a vanilla civ file - I don't recall how the boost libraries are updated and stored but I think some refer back to the original Vanilla files. You probably just need that update.
                Yes... much better answer. That's what I did.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                X