No announcement yet.

The screen lag needs to be fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have tested her fix and it indeed takes care of what I consider the first of the problems, IE screen lag when you push Fx. However, it appears there is still some lag at the end of the turn and depending upon how patient you are, you will have the same behavior that started this thread.

My thinks to Ultimo for finding the fix for the first issue. I can either learn patience to fix the second or turn off waiting at the end of the turn. Guess which choice I pick.

Mike

Comment

course it would just be easier to sell a kidney to buy a new comp
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Originally posted by mkorin
        My thinks to Ultimo for finding the fix for the first issue.
        You're welcome. I'm glad to hear that it works for someone else.

And just to avoid any further confusion, I am a dude ... not that there's anything wrong with that.

Comment

I seem to be having two lag problems myself, I wonder if anyone can help me fix them...

The first is that the diplomacy screen will pop up and the trade will be there, but the actual leader head will be static for up to 10 seconds and I won't get the option to accept or refuse the trade until the leader head animates. It's quite inconvenient but I suppose it gives me time to decide if it's a good trade or not!

The second is that when the box to decide what to build next in a city pops up I won't be able to select any options for about 10 seconds again. This one's particularly annoying.

They only seem to happen in the late game though so it's not too bad.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimo

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear that it works for someone else.

And just to avoid any further confusion, I am a dude ... not that there's anything wrong with that.
            My apologies, I don't know where I got the idea you were a chick.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Hauptman
              course it would just be easier to sell a kidney to buy a new comp
              I don't believe computer speed is the issue for either problem. I am a CIO and get a new laptop about every six months. I have to test what we are giving the users. You can probably guess, it is maxed out with RAM etc. Plus, my Kidneys are way too abused to get much for them.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimo
                I believe I've found a workaround for this screen lag problem by setting the following in the CivilizationIV.ini file:

HideMovieBackground = 1

Makes a huge improvement for me. And I think this is my first post here so hello all.
                How about that, it actually works. No more screen lag! It took a while to get used to the black background, but I'm now finding I'm beginning to prefer it. Less distracting.

Comment

Working...
                X