Hiding fortified units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiding fortified units?

Sorry if this has been asked a million times but I couldn't find a topic on it.

How do I make units fortified in a city not appear over the city? There was an option in Civ3 that you can click where it would hide the fortified units but I can't seem to find it for Civ4.

I want to be able to do this for Civ4 because the map just looks too cluttered with planes circling the cities and tanks sitting up top.
    "'Let there be light!' said God, and there was light.
    'Let there be blood!' says man, and there's a sea!"

not sure. but it would be far more interesting to know if there was any way of hiding units from spying...?

do you see all units in spied upon territory or just in the cities of the empire spied upon? or are all units seen? just thinking that it might be a good idea to hide troops in other nations' territories or even in ships outside your borders.... (obviously for MP purposes)
    Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

You can't find how to make units fortified in a city not appear over the city...
      because you canNOT make units fortified in a city not appear over the city.

Civ4 is not Civ3.

To hide your units from (in BtS) espionage, fortify them outside city visibility. Two tiles from the city if niether the tile nor the city are on a hill, or farther. If you pack your city locations closely, your options could become limited.

Comment

There's a button that allows you to remove ALL military units from the map, but my guess is that isn't what you want.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

You mean the "Romulan Cloaking Device" promotion?
          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

I think Theben was referring to the "Bare Map" (Ctrl-B) toggle.

Comment

Originally posted by Supr49er
              You mean the "Romulan Cloaking Device" promotion?
              Only the Romulans get that, per an Algeronic Palace resolution.
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

He's referring to causing the units not to appear visually to the player (to reduce map clutter), not to hiding them in-game... but I think there's still no way to do that unfortunately.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                  causing the units not to appear visually to the player (to reduce map clutter), not to hiding them in-game... but I think there's still no way to do that unfortunately.
                  That is what I was talking about. In civ 3 there was an option to do this for units based in a city. It didn't effect the game play, it just cleaned up the clutter on the map.
                  "'Let there be light!' said God, and there was light.
                  'Let there be blood!' says man, and there's a sea!"

Comment

With the blue marble mod you can scale the units down, that might solve your problem.

Comment

How do you do that in the blue marble mod? Is that in the regular options menu? I would love to do that. Thanks!

Comment

No you need an extra app actually, I downloaded it with blue marble, I think it's called civscale. Let's you play around with the graphics a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko
                          It didn't effect the game play, it just cleaned up the clutter on the map.
                          You could always go to a single unit graphic. I find the multiple units too cluttering myself so I go with the single.

Comment

Working...
                          X