pop-rush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pop-rush

I am just figuring this out. The issue is that I need a real simple explanation of what this is and more importantly HOW you do it.

First you have to have "slavery" as your civic choice.

Secondly, the city must be larger than a size 1.

Thirdly, when you use the population-rush, the item in your build queue is completed next turn...but it costs you the "lives" of your citizens in the city and it will cause your population to be angry with you for a certain duration of time (normally 10 turns).

I hope this helps Logicman.

Comment

Amost there. How do you do it? What screen or menu? Can you show a screen print. I know how you can spped production later in the game. Is it similar to that?I guess I never paid attention to the menu when I was in slavery.

Comment

You have to be in the City Screen. Then the button is basically located at the bottom-middle of the screen (the same area were you can rush-build by using gold if you have the proper civic, or you can tell the game to concentrate on food, gold, culture, etc for the city in question).

Once your city is of high enough population the button will be highlighted for you to use it if you wish.

Comment

I forget what the exact formula is now, but you get a certain number of hammers for each point of population used. You cannot use more than half the population of the city to rush, rounded down, so a size 3 city can't spend more than 1 point of population to whip out a production item.
          Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

On normal you get 30 hammers per person pop-rushed, with a penalty if you are poprushing something with no hammers put into it.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I think it's the same everything costs twince as much penalty with no hammers as the US cash-rush.
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
              X