Question about time in Civ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about time in Civ...

Hey everyone, just had a quick question.

I'm playing CivIV with all the expansions, and I wanted to see about something that is annoying me.

Basically, I hate that the game ends in 2050 when things are really getting interesting. I know you can keep going, but it doesn't keep score after that point.

I see in the options you can turn off the point victory (whoever has the most points by that date)...does that mean that the game will not techincally end in 2050? Does it keep going? If you go past that date, can you or another civ still win by the other methods and the game will acknowledge this?

Thanks!

Yes, if you turn off the time victory in a custom game, it won't end until someone achieves one of the other victory conditions. I almost always turn off the time victory and play on marathon.

Leo

Comment

That's awesome, thanks for letting me know Leo-T!! Finally my nuclear arsenal can be fully utilized

One other question--does turning off certain victory conditions make the AI focus on others more?

For instance, if there is no cultural victory, will the AI focus more on space race/conquest or will they still choose a victory condition that is disabled?

Comment

I believe the AI is aware of victory conditions, although I don't think it really tries for a score victory at any point (so this wouldn't affect it).
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
        X