Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Flipping-or Not Flipoing?

Dear all,

I havent give the needed attention to these choices from the beggining.But the need for fixing them is greatly needed,due to the wars i have made and the cities that are returong to their owners.so,can please someone explain me what these options do?

*No city Fliping from culture.

what this means?what will happen if i will select it with the "x"or leave it empty?

*City Flipping after culture

The same,what will happen if i will check it or leave it empty?

i thought these two are meaning the same.My basic problem is when i m taking over an enemy city,i cant control the land cause of the enemy culture.since i have seen that there is no way to fix this problem via xml,these choices if i select them or not-you think they will help?

Don't remember without seeing the exact text but I'm pretty sure one relates to captured cities and the other to all cities.

I think the default setting is that cities can flip unless it's a city you captured in which case it can't flip (only can't to the civ you captured it from?). The captured cities will still revolt at a similar rate as normal but won't flip over to the side you captured from after a couple of revolts like normal. It's basically to stop a city flipping straight back to the person you worked hard to capture it from after you make peace as captured cities are often in an area with strong enemy culture and will have little culture themselves.

One of the starting options is to allow captured cities to flip, the other is to stop any cities flipping.

Comment

Originally posted by aracuan_76
      But the need for fixing them is greatly needed,due to the wars i have made and the cities that are returong to their owners.
      That's not possible. Once captured, a city cannot culture flip back to the original owner.

Comment

WRONG!

sad to say my friend,that its true.the city is overwhelmed from the adjacent culture of the original owner,revolts and returning to its previous owner.thats the problem i m trying to solve...

Comment

In my current game, an AI captured one of my cities. It's been in revolt at least twice since then, with another of my cities keeping cultural pressure on it, but it hasn't flipped back to me.

aracuan_76, have you checked the Settings tab under Victory Conditions (F8) to make sure city flipping after capture isn't turned on by accident? Also, in the interest of ruling out every possibility, I assume you're sure it's the original owner the city flipped back to, and not another civ that also had culture in it?

Comment

Re: WRONG!

sad to say my friend,that its true.the city is overwhelmed from the adjacent culture of the original owner,revolts and returning to its previous owner.thats the problem i m trying to solve...
            Put 10%+ spending into culture and you shouldn't have this problem anymore. Only when your culture is pathetic should this even be an issue.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

"No city flipping from culture" means that cities can never flip due to culture. Period. Note that a city CAN STILL go into unrest due to overwhelming culture from a neighbor.

"City flipping after conquest" means that if a city belonging to civ A is taken by civ B in war, the city CAN flip back to civ A if circumstances warrant.

Note that, under the default rules, a city taken in war can STILL flip to ANOTHER CIV. So in the above example, where civ A's city is taken in war by civ B, if civ C has a lot of culture nearby, it is 'legal' for the city to flip to civ C. *OR* if civ C subsequently takes the city from civ B in war, it is then perfectly legal for the city to flip back to its original owner, civ A.
              "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

You must have changed something since in the default rules this is not possible. Only a third civ can flip a newly captured city. It can never return to it's original owner through culture.

Comment

ah,cool!

Originally posted by jkp1187
                  "No city flipping from culture" means that cities can never flip due to culture. Period. Note that a city CAN STILL go into unrest due to overwhelming culture from a neighbor.

"City flipping after conquest" means that if a city belonging to civ A is taken by civ B in war, the city CAN flip back to civ A if circumstances warrant.

Note that, under the default rules, a city taken in war can STILL flip to ANOTHER CIV. So in the above example, where civ A's city is taken in war by civ B, if civ C has a lot of culture nearby, it is 'legal' for the city to flip to civ C. *OR* if civ C subsequently takes the city from civ B in war, it is then perfectly legal for the city to flip back to its original owner, civ A.
                  everything seem to be ok.thank you to all players that assist me.

Eventually,in order to avoid the city returing to the previous owner, where exactly should i select the " x "???
                  From your sayings dear friend,you propose to leave the"no city flipping from culture",empty,and place the "x" in the "city flipping after conquest",right?

Comment

No ´x´ at all, aracaun. This will allow city-fliping, but not back to original owner after war.

Comment

default then

thank you very much!

so we leave it default then.

Comment

Working...
                      X