corporations-what the benefits are???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Super49er...

The answer is Yes, off course, if you can pull it off, and if you play at a reasonable level the odds are you will not be able to... but if you can = the game is yours peacafully

Corporations are really THE peacefull way to win the games... in addition to the points made by Saygame, you want to build your corporations in the capital and run Beaurocracy for an additional 50% gold bonus.

You can run max 4 corporations in that capital, and the other three somewhere else... if you can make it...

Spread as much as possible those from the capital. The max gold I managed in one game was over 2000 in the capital... running 100% science and having more than 500 gold per turn spare

That is on Prince and Large map, which is not that hard to win, and it is a neat strategy to win peacefully... it is not a "points grabbing" stragegy, but it is nice if you want to leave all the others in the dust science wise, even if they are all together trging to "outscience" you...

I am not playing 3.31 though, and IMO corps are almost too strong, if used properly, but all in all I like them being too strong, as it is a nice an relaxing way to win when you are in an OK position going into the modern age... if you want to avoid the repetitive warfare...
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
      you want to build your corporations in the capital and run Beaurocracy for an additional 50% gold bonus.
      Don't you mean in your Wall Street city?

Corporations provide gold. Bureaucracy boosts raw commerce. Two different things....

Wodan

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
        In response to Yosho, Ethanol is on the same tech that allows Offshore Platforms so relying on getting this corporation for your oil needs on an archepello map is very risky due to how bad Frigates perform versus Destroyers.
        Well, given the choice, I'd much rather find oil in the ground, even if I have to make an otherwise bad tundra city to get it, and then use a corp that gives a bigger profit margin then Ethanol, instead of using a GL to found Ethanol. However, if I don't have access to oil or any easy way to get it, I'd much rather found Ethanol then be without oil.

Comment

ETHANOL -SUSHI

I have found out that corporations of SUSHI and ETHANOL cant co exist in the same city.
          anyone can tell me why??

Comment

Corporations compete with others, thats why. Get reference guide from http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=236346 to see which corporations compete with each other.

Comment

Re: ETHANOL -SUSHI

Originally posted by aracuan_76
              I have found out that corporations of SUSHI and ETHANOL cant co exist in the same city.
              anyone can tell me why??
              They both use Rice. Two corps that use the same resource can't be in the same city.
              Fitz. (n.) Old English
              1. Child born out of wedlock.
              2. Bastard.

Comment

Re: ETHANOL -SUSHI

Originally posted by aracuan_76
                anyone can tell me why??
                Quick Corporation Thumbnail

Can found in ONE of your cities:

Mining Inc OR Civilized Jewelers OR Creative Constructions OR Aluminum Co.

Cereal Mills OR Sid's Sushi OR Standard Ethanol
                And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Re: Re: ETHANOL -SUSHI

Originally posted by Supr49er

Quick Corporation Thumbnail

Can found in ONE of your cities:

Mining Inc OR Civilized Jewelers OR Creative Constructions OR Aluminum Co.
                  Nope, you can have CivJewel, CreatCon AND AlumCo all in one city. Mining Inc conflicts with any of those though, so if you put it in you cut off all three of the others.
                  Fitz. (n.) Old English
                  1. Child born out of wedlock.
                  2. Bastard.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: ETHANOL -SUSHI

Originally posted by Fitz

Nope, you can have CivJewel, CreatCon AND AlumCo all in one city. Mining Inc conflicts with any of those though, so if you put it in you cut off all three of the others.
                    Right. More accurately:

Mining Inc. OR {Civilized Jewelers/Creative Constructions/Aluminum Co}
                    And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Working...
                    X