Nukes/No Nukes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nukes/No Nukes

There is an option for 'No Nukes' and I had it set in my game. But Hannibal nuked me with about 6 tactical nukes and clobbered one of my stacks waiting to board transports. I hadn't built SDI because I knew there were no nukes. At least I thought not. Is this only for ICBMs? Man I lost a big stack and then later sent over 150 units to attack one of his cities. That one city had to have over 200 units because I kept causing collateral damage and still with my 100 or so mechs and modern tanks was not enough to take the city. I finally realized that I was going to lose this game.

Steve

No nukes disables the Manhatten Project.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I thought by disabling this project you also disabled nukes. A bug? Or just to give "everyone" the possibilty to start building nukes right off?

And wow, an attack with 150 units against 200 in onecity... That something I'd like to see!

Comment

seriously... that sounds intense... how long did that one attack take?
        Without music life would be a mistake - Nietzsche
        So you think you can tell heaven from hell?
        rocking on everest

Comment

Funny, I knew I needed a lot because I could see the movement and Hannibal just knocked out Bismarck on that continent so I thought he would be soft. I actually saved the game attacked one city right from my ships and lost everything except for a handful of troops. So I reloaded went to the next closest city and landed first. I got hit a little with some artillery but not too bad. It just kept going and going. When it was over I knew I was going to lose the game because I figured even if I had won that city that other one also had to have 100s of units as well. I never came up against that. I should have saved the game but it was 2060AD, so I suppose he had built lots of troops. I just thought that after Bismarck I had a shot!

Steve

Comment

ICBMs & SDI both require that the Manhatten Project have been built in order to build it. I don't know about the new Tactial Nukes.

I don't know about Balastic Missles.

Also, the UN "No nukes" resolution bans construction of the Manhatten Project and ICBMs. I don't know about the new Tactical Nukes for this purpose either.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

This wasn't a UN resolution. I turned it off in game options. Others were building SDI and I did build it after I got nuked. With the game option off, I don't understand how they nuked me. And lots of fallout, too!

Comment

Mechs and 2060AD, are you playing the next war mod. If so, I don't know if you could disable nukes. Mods work differently.

Comment

Originally posted by logicman49
                  This wasn't a UN resolution. I turned it off in game options. Others were building SDI and I did build it after I got nuked. With the game option off, I don't understand how they nuked me. And lots of fallout, too!
                  Er, you turned it off in what game options? I can't recall ever seeing a "no nukes" option during game setup.

Bh

Comment

well that just goes to show everyone can learn something new then. Its right there on the opening screen for a custom game.....scroll down.

Comment

No, it's really not. At least not in the default game. Are you running a mod?

Bh

Comment

There are no mods that change the custom game screen anyhow.
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Confusion reigns supreme in this thread...

I checked on my BTS 3.03 standard costum game screen, and its not there. Not that i miss it...

Comment

So what is the verdict? Is there or is there not a 'no nukes' option in the custom game screen?

(I can't find it either; but still I can just dismiss what some people are reporting).

Comment

doh! I guess it was in my wish list. I didn't find it. I suppose I always got lucky when the UN was built and the vote to ban nukes always passed. This time the UN never got built so...BOOM

Comment

Working...
                              X