Micromanagement reductions in Civ IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micromanagement reductions in Civ IV

Extra production isn't lost it the cities anymore, it's applied to the next thing to be produced.

What else?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Extra science beakers also aren't lost, but applied to the next thing being researched as well.
    And the min / max turns to resarch was abolished.

Whack a mole polution was also abolished.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

terrain improving units get 2 movement so you can move and improve in the same turn
      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Midgame, you can reasonably rely on your workers to build a rail network.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Combat odds calculator, very nice.

Comment

IIRC that was in Civ3.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

You're joking right Theben?

Comment

It's been a long time but I beieve so. At any rate it was definitely in SMAC.
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I'd say the version here is actually better than SMAC's, since SMAC's would only kick in (if I remember right) as a "confirmatory" after you'd moved to attack (you attack a unit, the game only then gives you the odds and asks you if you want to proceed). Here, it's much easier to quickly see which of many possible units will be best at attacking a particular unit, since the odds are displayed before the actual attack order.

Comment

I don't remember it being in Civ3, except maybe a la what Ari just described.

Comment

Combat Calc wasn't in Civ III dispite being in SMAC.
                      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                      Templar Science Minister
                      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

No, but you could find them on teh net, so that wasn't so much a problem. It'd be nice to get a stack calculator, but that would be a real b!tch to get running on anyything slower than a super computer.
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Are you kidding?

Comment

Working...
                          X