Graphics error, cannot load game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics error, cannot load game

First off, i have the latest directx. I recently put on the more proper drivers for my video card, a radeon 9600, as another game i had on wouldnt run without the drivers. Its the only change i made recently to the system. Now i cant load cIV. It was working fine before the update. It cant be that i would need to revert to an older version of drivers to get the game going

Obligatory screenshot of error

Theories? Advice? Anecdotes? Solutions? Preferably the last, please
    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

I think this error is caused by older ATI video cards.

Same thing happened when I tried to use an older Radeon 9600XT in my desktop computer. The Radeon 9600 mobile in my laptop also caused the same problem.

Both times I had a fresh install of XP pro and the latest drivers. I think there is an issue with the older ATI cards and the newer catalyst drivers. I have a radeon X1900XTX that works fine but the older cards seem to have trouble.

In the end, I just swapped in a GeForce Ti4200 I had laying around, installed the drivers, and it worked.

(Oh yeah make sure you have the latest directx9.0c)
    (Use the keyboard shortcut "windows key + r" and type "dxdiag". It will give you a bunch of information that might be useful for solving your problem)
    Last edited by stats; November 27, 2007, 04:15.

Comment

I would say roll back drivers and see if that helps...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
      X