airbases on hills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your A6 analog is called a JET Fighter.

And let's NOT get into the realm of GPS-guided smart bombs and artillery rounds. It may be that in a high-intensity electronics environment (where BOTH sides have electronic expertise), that GPS would be neutralized; either at the receiver end or at the satellite level.

Comment

Well the A-6 is a jet aircraft, and was more capable in an air-to-ground mode than same-era "F" aircraft. But if we wanted every iteration of weapons development, the game would quickly become un-fun. I think they have the whole thing pretty well bracketed for fun-vs-real.

Comment

Originally posted by Petrus2
        Since fighters are able to conduct ground attack missions, they are already filling the roles that F/A-18s do now. I interpret bombers as strategic bombers (B-1, B-52, B-17, etc) and fighters as everything with an "F" or an "A" designation in the US arsenal. Equivalent for any other nation's designation.
        I have to agree... Fighters can perform both the Fighter and Attack missions. Granted, they can't do the damage of a bomber, but they can still perform the same missions.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Petrus2
          Well the A-6 is a jet aircraft, and was more capable in an air-to-ground mode than same-era "F" aircraft. But if we wanted every iteration of weapons development, the game would quickly become un-fun. I think they have the whole thing pretty well bracketed for fun-vs-real.
          Probably so. The carrier wars and units may be better suited to a Naval War Scenarion.
          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by Supr49er

Probably so. The carrier wars and units may be better suited to a Naval War Scenarion.
            Now that would be fun! You could have a carrier with the different squadrons represented and not overload the player

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
              But you have to be pay attention... if your enemy also has an open border agreement with the civ, your air units can die very quickly
              Which is why you generally want ground units with a good defensive value in any foreign city where you have air units stationed.

Comment

DOH, yeah I know that now. The first time I did it, I assumed that my neighbors troops would defend them.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I pulled probably my best military maneuver to date (i'm not particularly good at tactics, just strategy) using that methodology once, but with land units.

It was a PTBS game, and I was at war with a civ who had a few units - chariots I think - in a city, and had many units of another civ in it. That other civ planned to declare war on me, and had a huge amount of units in the city, but missed, by one turn.

I killed the weaker undefended units, took the city, and just bumped the other civ's fortified units... he had thought that his units would defend the city even not at war, but of course was incorrect
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I wish there was an "Attack Jet" unit. It would have very limited air to air, but be good at attacking ground units, but no collateral damage.

My main problem with aircraft though, is that they can't sink ships. I can see them not killing off ground units, but there is no reason at all for them not to be able to kill ships.
                    I don't know what I've been told!
                    Deirdre's got a Network Node!
                    Love to press the Buster Switch!
                    Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

Working...
                    X