Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• airbases on hills

Do these still work?

No, it doesn't work because your question (if it is one) doesn't make sense. Please be more specific.

Comment

Sure, you just need to land on the uphill.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Made perfect sense. The answer is NO, you don't get any free improvements on the square like in an earlier version of civ. There are no airbases anymore, you use forts, which can also be used as a canal, since ships treat them like cities.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Good to know.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

But you can only put three planes in your fort.

However, you can use your paratroopers from your fort (if it's in your territory).
            And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

FOUR, Supr49er. Not 3 aircraft. Three is for carriers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
                FOUR, Supr49er. Not 3 aircraft. Three is for carriers.
                Thanks.

Speaking of carriers, since they can only hold three fighters, not bombers, shouldn't there be a naval bomber unit, less powerful than a bomber but more powerful than a fighter?
                And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Since fighters are able to conduct ground attack missions, they are already filling the roles that F/A-18s do now. I interpret bombers as strategic bombers (B-1, B-52, B-17, etc) and fighters as everything with an "F" or an "A" designation in the US arsenal. Equivalent for any other nation's designation.

Comment

Those were my thoughts also.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I haven't had a chance to see whether this is the case yet, but can you still base your aircraft out of cities other than your own? Often on a map with very little water it makes a real difference to have an airbase at a different border than the one you share with your enemy.
                      O'Neill: I'm telling you Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it.

Lose it. It means, Go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WACKO!

Comment

If you have an open borders agreement with them, yes you can. I do it sometimes.
                        Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

But you have to be pay attention... if your enemy also has an open border agreement with the civ, your air units can die very quickly
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Supr49er
                            Thanks.

Speaking of carriers, since they can only hold three fighters, not bombers, shouldn't there be a naval bomber unit, less powerful than a bomber but more powerful than a fighter?
                            There is, it's called the Fighter. Notice the penalty for attacking naval units with Bombers...

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

There is, it's called the Fighter. Notice the penalty for attacking naval units with Bombers...
                              I'm talking about carrier based land strikers, like the A6. Slightly beefed up from fighter for bombing missions.

Comment

Working...
                              X