Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I build a city on top of copper do I get use of the copper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I build a city on top of copper do I get use of the copper?

It's the only way to reach a clam. Hoping for a quick answer, I'm in the game right now and decision time is coming up.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Yes, you get the resource. You don't get any tile bonuses (i.e. shields) you would receive by mining it, though.

Comment

edited by CyberShy: please, keep it a bit civilized overhere.
      Last edited by Robert; November 3, 2007, 09:27.

Comment

n00b question lol LOL
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          Yes, you get the resource. You don't get any tile bonuses (i.e. shields) you would receive by mining it, though.
          You would get a shield or possibly two bonus. Just like when you build a city on hill/plains. Depending on the tile you will get one or two shields bonus in your city. (and yes you do get to use the copper or any resource you build a city over, provided you have the required technology)

Comment

But not the extra shields you would get by mining, which is what I said.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
              edited by CyberShy: please, keep it a bit civilized overhere.
              What in that post was offensive?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

What in that post was offensive?
                My guess is l33t or obscene language or both.
                Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Unless Lancer edited his post I didn't see anything non-civilized. *shrug*
                  "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

I think it was a parody of Wang Kon's name...
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Whatever his name, my copper he has, and no sympathy I get.

Comment

Like Yoda you speak?
                        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

If I build a city on Rock 'n Roll, do I get teh benefits of teh Rock 'n Roll wonder?
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Nope.

Comment

If it's any consolation to you, Lancer, I call WK the same thing.

Me.

Comment

Working...
                              X