Strangled in the Cradle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strangled in the Cradle

Ever done this, or had it happen to you: on starting a new game, I found Isabella's seed Settler and Warrior standing right next to my Warrior. I figured what the hell, and attacked them. I had assumed that if I won, I'd kill the Warrior and take possession of the Settler, but actually I killed the Settler, and her orphan Warrior converted into a captured Worker.

That's one way to get a jump on the competition!

Nice to know that after all this time there are still some pleasant surprises left in this game.
    That horse is fake!

What were your diffuculty and map settings?
    And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

I'm pretty sure the Settler is the one that became a captured worker. The warrior simply disappeared with the elimination of the Spanish civ. Regardless, must have been a pretty crowded map.
      The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

If you have autosave and still have the first 4000BC save, would you mind posting a screenshot? I'd like to see the amusing setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Supr49er
          What were your diffuculty and map settings?
          Let's see...
          Warlord (I suck)
          Temperate
          Large
          Fractal

The starting locale was a squirrely peninsula with a bunch of tiny lakes. Isabella was right next to me, and Shaka turned up about two turns later. I sent him down for a dirt nap in short order, too. War Chariot makes a great city attack unit before Walls.
          That horse is fake!

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMartini
            I'm pretty sure the Settler is the one that became a captured worker. The warrior simply disappeared with the elimination of the Spanish civ. Regardless, must have been a pretty crowded map.
            Could be. My attack was the last move of the turn, and in the early going I disable 'wait at end of turn,' so it's just my guess what happened.
            That horse is fake!

Comment

That happens periodically, as maps don't always have enough good starting points. It's much more frustrating in MP (where you have two civs starting immediately next to each other, and they're both human... RESTART!)
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Common Sensei
                If you have autosave and still have the first 4000BC save, would you mind posting a screenshot? I'd like to see the amusing setup.
                Does the game itself have a way of taking a screen-shot? I can't find the damned reference card!
                That horse is fake!

Comment

Print screen does it.
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by HaplessHorde

Let's see...
                    Warlord (I suck)
                    Temperate
                    Large
                    Fractal

The starting locale was a squirrely peninsula with a bunch of tiny lakes. Isabella was right next to me, and Shaka turned up about two turns later. I sent him down for a dirt nap in short order, too. War Chariot makes a great city attack unit before Walls.
                    Were you Rammy or Hatty?
                    And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                      Print screen does it.

Okay, how's this? Just uninstalled my image editing apps (they don't like Vista, evidently,) and had to fall back on Paint.
                      Attached Files
                      That horse is fake!

Comment

Oh! Rameses. I like that wonder discount. Though I was operating under the name Globule the Adherent. I'm easily amused
                        That horse is fake!

Comment

Yeah, had that happen once in an MP game except their's weren't stacked so I had a free attack on the settler. I moved quicker RESTART
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by HaplessHorde

Okay, how's this? Just uninstalled my image editing apps (they don't like Vista, evidently,) and had to fall back on Paint.
                            Haha, wow, that's hilarious.

Comment

Thats a damn nice starting point for an industrious civ too. How many marble wonders do you have?

Comment

Working...
                              X