How do I uninstall Civ4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I uninstall Civ4?

for some reason when I click uninstall in control panel, it loads something and talks about upgrading the version and needing a disk (putting in either CD doesn't work). I tried deleting the folder, although I know that's a mistake, as it still thinks it's installed.

I was able to uninstall warlards, but can't uninstall civ4.

anyways I can't install beyond the sword. Turns out I don't have the newest patch of warlords. I was running 2.08, but I saw there is a patch 2.13. BTW can't successfully install the patch, and I was unable to install the patch manually, so I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling. But as you can see I'm stuck at the uninstall part.

Is there another way to uninstall a program other than control panel?

1)go to program files/explorer...
    2)find the Civ folder (firaxis games?)
    3)right click it...
    4)press delete in the drop down menu...
    5)empty your recycle bin...
    6)reinstall civ4...
    7)ignore warlords and install BTS...
    8)patch it and have fun
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

that doesn't work because when you put in the civ4 disk it still thinks civ4 is installed.

But the fix is in this thread post #12.

This deserves something of a backstory that may or may not help: I got a Civilization IV for my birthday, played it, and uninstalled it because other stuff comes up. Fast forward a month later, and I want to play it again. So I install it, or try to, and get a ton of errors coming my way during...

in the post by phenal... My screen name is disgustipated btw. So far s good, but I'm waiting till last to install warlords. I just installed BTS. Should I try a warlords patch? I'm not sure about that.

edit: okay 2.13 warlords patch installed after I installed warlods after I installed BTS after I installed civ4. Not sure if the patch was needed, but I did it anyways. Interesting thing is I was never able to download this patch when I just had civ4 and warlords. I had to stay at 2.08.

Downloading 3.13 right now...
      Last edited by Dis; November 2, 2007, 04:56.

Comment

everything installed, just started a game. 75 turns for a settler!! did they bump up settler costs? I usually like to build a settler first, but now I'm not so sure.

Comment

Have to use regedit IIRC to delete the entry under Firaxis after uninstalling from control panel.
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
          X