Parasite units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parasite units

i just thought of this the other day. i call them parasite units. saw you train one knight, but you have enemies coming towards your nation so u need extra men fast. so what you do is you have a worker build a base for the host, (knight=Manor) and then you train a page. after that you have him walk to the knights manor where he is standing and then he attaches to him. after say 2 turns he becomes a squire and the knight can leave with him for battle for a limit of ten turns. then after say 5 turns of being a squire the unit becomes a knight. and the knight can have several pages at once so you dont have to worry about only getting one knight every seven turns. so plese respond hope u like the idea

Last edited by ZEE; December 26, 2010, 19:03.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ
      no...

knights will not be in the game long enough for this to be effective, upgrades considering. Forts could be considered "manors" in this respect, but they take too long to build for me to even bother with half the time, even for resourse conecting considerations.
      I will build a fort at a bottleneck of a continent to use as a canal.

If you build a fort in your territory right on the border, it can be useful for Airborne assaults.
      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 26, 2010, 19:03.
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ
          no...

knights will not be in the game long enough for this to be effective, upgrades considering. Forts could be considered "manors" in this respect, but they take too long to build for me to even bother with half the time, even for resourse conecting considerations.
          Oh yeah, as far as the OP's proposal, I also think Knights are too short-lived.

Maybe a tweak to Vassalage to do a pseudo draft/conscription?
          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

I don't really see the point.

Comment

You might like the camp unit that exists for a few warlords scenarios (notably Genghis Khan). It spawns units every so often (via python). It's not a dissimilar concept, and you could do the parasite or whatever (please call it something else, parasite sounds horribly wrong) in a similar way (through python).
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

You've got to be kidding!

This is a strategy game, not an RPG.

Comment

Have you ever noticed that after Kuciwalker comes in here everyone gets pissed off their asses

Comment

Comment

...I also think Knights are too short-lived...
                      I think the addition of cuirassiers was a mistake. Knights are now irrelevant. There were already plenty of mounted units in the game.

To the OP: So these pages live for centuries? Each turn in the middle ages can be mulitple years. The units are more like a military unit like a brigade or batallion, not a particular group of individual people. That is why they "heal". They recruit and bring in reinforcements.
                      Got my new computer!!!!

Comment

I agree about Knights/Cuirrassiers. With BTS, I rarely build any mounted units at all.
                        The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

You'll never last in MP then, as the mounted units' ability to flank Catapults etc. is incredible
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Knights last long enough on the longer game settings, especially marathon. However, the idea is not a good one, IMHO. Units spawning other units can get very weird, very fast, leading to a quite different game than the strategy game we currently play. Currently, we must address economic, military, industrial, and governmental strategies with a balance and concentration. Random spawning leads to random, unplannable games.
                            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Pre BTS, Calvary was around way too early.
                              Crus are in the exact spot it used to be so I fail to see why Knights would have been highly useful pre BTS but now worthless unless they were just being pre-built with cash saved for an instant upgrade to Calvary. In which case Crus. are respectable enough against pre-GP units to be worth that (cheaper) upgrade.
                              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                              Templar Science Minister
                              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                              X