PAtch Help (me heap big newb)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAtch Help (me heap big newb)

I dL'd/unzipped the patch but it says I don't have Civ 4 installed. I bought the Civ4 download abt 2 years ago, so I do have it installed (not to mention that I'm playing it at the moment so I'm sure I'm not hallucinating). How can I make the patch recognize it?

You should use the in game update function, i guess... It´s somewhere in the main menu. Advanced->udpate or something like that. From there it checks for and installs the most recent update for your version (vanilla, warlords or bts). No need to unzip.

And i guess, since you day you bought the "civ4 download", you have a direct2drive-copy or something alike. I think i heard those versions require special updates, which should be avaiable from the site you originally bought and downloaded the game from.

Comment

..and if you bought it through Steam it should just update itself if you have automatic updating turned on.

I kinda wish it was available on Steam when I bought it originally. :/

Me.

Comment

Steam and Direct2Drive need separate updates. Ingame update won't work for those either

Since you're asking about it i'd assume you mean D2D, as steam updates itself.

Direct2Drive.com/patches/

is the patch site
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
        X