Possible Perm. Ally Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Perm. Ally Bug

I get at least the possibility of getting Perm. All. on a fairly high percentage basis. Thus I am famillar with the AI behavior, however, with my first PA with 3.13 the AI acted very weird.

The norm is to (after we finish off his current research) to join my research and maximize research, minimizing his cash flow. However this time he took another research path and maximized his cash flow, meaning he was getting 386 coins per turn and taking 130 turns to finish a research. He did this for a couple techs then went back to normal ie +3 coins and 20 turns for research.

Is this a bug, a new AI behavior by 3.13 or is there some other answer?

Mike

Did you try asking him to change his research?

Comment

Originally posted by ColdPhoenix
      Did you try asking him to change his research?

How do you do that? I don't think I've ever seen that option. Of course I generally don't talk to my ally.

Mike

Comment

I think it's under the "Let's talk about something else" option. It's definitely in there somewhere.

Comment

Possibly he changed to the low research for a few turns to get cash for upgrading troops after he gained the new techs from becoming allied with you.

Comment

That may be true, however, it has never happened before in my experience. Also, he was driving cash long enough for me to research two techs by myself and he switched as soon as I started researching his tech.

Mike

Comment

Working...
            X