Possible Colonies Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Colonies Bug

I'm not sure if this is a bug or new behavior that is supposed to be.

However, it appears that you can now only have one colony. I am playing a game with multiple Island continents and When I tried to make a second colony, the first colony immediately declared war on me. This happened while he was my vassel and after he freed himself.

His freeing himself may be a bug also as he was still Friendly with me when he did it.

Could someone confirm if this is what 3.13 intended?

If this is not already mentioned in the bug thread stickied here at Poly or on CFC here, please put it in so that the devs can maybe fix it with the next patch. And your other thread too.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

How many civs had been eliminated before you created the 2nd colony?

Comment

I'd wonder if perhaps the first colony (civ) was forcibly at war with the second due to either a previous condition, or else some other quirk...
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

That's what I was thinking, a variation on the other colony bug where they declare war on you right after creation.

Comment

The 1st colony was at war with the AI that I destoryed to make a second colony. However, they were not at war with me as the new owner, they just went to war once I declared a second colony.

Mike

Comment

This bug is fixed in Bhruic's unofficial patch.

Comment

Originally posted by mkorin
                The 1st colony was at war with the AI that I destoryed to make a second colony. However, they were not at war with me as the new owner, they just went to war once I declared a second colony.

Mike
                Then yep, it's probably the same bug, or a twist on it.

Comment

I eliminated a civilization. The same turn, i took two of the just-conquered cities-- still in revolt-- and granted independence. I had vassal boats one square away from one of the cities. As soon as liberation was announced, war was declared. reloading a save and fighting the WHOLE war again, I colonized the turn after, after the vassal's boats moved away.

I now have a happy vassal and colony.

Comment

Working...
                  X