trading in 3.13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trading in 3.13

If we discount the fact that the AI in 3.13 now trades for resources it already has (which is nullified in Bhruic's unofficial patch), is trading supposed to be harder in 3.13 than before?

Because with 3.13 and Bhruic's patch I still can't make a 1:1 trade for resources with anyone I have contact with. The only trades that are successful is if I give more than I get. And that is even if I am towards the lower part of the score board.

Is that intentional in 3.13?
    "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

You obviously haven't installed Bhruic's patch correctly in that case.

Comment

It's just copy the single file and replace the old one, what can one do wrong?

Comment

Have you downloaded the latest version.

Bhriuc did a second patch to the trading problem.
        "What if somebody gave a war and nobody came?" Allen Ginsberg

"Opinions are like arses, everyone has one." Anon

Comment

I have used v1.07 which I believe is the current one.

To clarify, I am not getting ridiculous trade requests like 6 things for 1 but whenever I ask to trade no-one is willing to do 1:1 trading. The AI always demands an additional resource so that the AI gets one more than what I get. And not only for highly strategic things like Elephants but also for things like rice or deer.

Until 3.13 I used to to do a lot of 1:1 trading basically as a way of building up diplomacy with the AI but now that is less possible since every trade is more beneficial to the AI that to me.

Comment

Wouldn't hitting "This offer won't work for me" then "What will you give me for this?" work? It does for me, I found that with bhuric's patch the AI is a bit too eager to get stuff like Iron and Copper.

Comment

No they always want an extra resource. And I haven't even tried trading iron or copper with them or from them.

Comment

Sounds like we need more data. Anyway I haven't noticed any problem, myself.

Maybe they changed something else, such as how the AI treats religion, which is impacting relations, which in turn is impacting how much they want for a trade. So, if in this one game you have a different religion, none of them are willing to trade with you 1:1.

Just guessing here. Anyway we should maybe compare to the full 3.13 change list, and also maybe you should start and try another game to see if you experience the same phenonemon.

Wodan

Edit: as for being "a bit too eager to get stuff like Iron and Copper"... I know that when I don't have one of those two, I'm dang eager to get it myself.

Comment

If you can provide either screenshots or, better still, savegames where that's illustrated I'll have a look at them.

Bh

Comment

Yeah, same, but not willing to give up most of my resources + 30 gold per turn? I was able to get Rice, Sugar, Wheat, Gold, Crabs and 30 gold per turn for Iron from Gilgamesh O_o(We were the same religion, Hindu, I was founder if it matters)

Edit: Bhuric, is this what you wanted?

Copper in 17xx AD, in a marathon game where most o fthe Ai are about to be able to get rocketry, copper has outgrown its usefulness, but I was able to get this off the greeks(alexander, same game as the Gilgamesh thing, he's just..... AWOL...
                    Last edited by Abrecan; October 13, 2007, 12:45.

Comment

Working...
                    X