Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets build a Civ!

Deleted for lack of interest.
    Last edited by Game-God; October 13, 2007, 03:33.

The first question is whether you want to move your settler. Moving N one for your capitol would give you stone but you'll lose the gold.

First, however, I'd move the warrior 1 W or 1 SW to see what's there.

If it was me, I'd move the warrior 1 SW. If it looks good, then I would plan on a 2nd city being down there to get the gold. Since you don't start with mining, you'll have to get mining before you can make use of it anyway, and by then you'll have another settler.

After moving the warrior 1 SW, you now need to deicde whether it's a possibility to have your starting settler move 1 N. If that's a possibility, then I would first move 1 NE to see what's there, re-evaluate, and if I'm still sure, then move again to that forest spot to start my capitol on turn 2.

Wodan

Comment

You should start a Succession Game ... they are very, very effective at helping you learn, in basically this way.

Basically, you play a civ for 20 or 30 turns, and then hand it off to someone else for another set of 20 or 30 turns, then to another person etc., until it gets back to you 100 or 150 turns later.

In between you discuss what you did for your 20 or 30 turns, and why you did it. Everyone talks about what they think should be done for the next turn, though it's ultimately up to the player himself.

It's pretty cool, because it lets you learn from others not just by discussing your game, but by actually watching them play - and they learn stuff from you too, even if you're new there will be things you do differently that are interesting and useful to know.

If you start one (in the forum for it... ) I suspect a decent number of people will help you, especially if you link to here
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
      X