Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantom invasion

Bizarro occurence. Here's the scenario --

I'm Ethiopia. My vassal, Charlegmagne, and I are at war with Hannibal. I've reduced him to three cities, Charlemagne has done nothing Hannibal's third-from-last city. As my troops enter this city (city A), I'm expecting to see the "You've taken city A, do you want to keep it?" pop-up. Instead, the map shifts to a different city (city B), which had been covered by the fog of war and which was separated from my land and from Hannibal's remaining land by the territory of a neutral third party with whom I did not have open borders. Then, I get a pop up -- "You've taken city B, do you want to keep it" . I didn't want it, so I razed it, at which point the pop up for the correct city A appears. The next turn, I've acquired a single worker who was apparently in city B, who's stranded on a peninsula due to the lack of open borders with the third party I mentioned.

What the heck is that all about? Was this just a bizarre bug, or is there some mechanic that could possibly explain this? BTS latest patch. I'll try to post a save when I get home if I still have one.
    The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Check you cities. Did any one of them finish the Philadelphia Experiment Wonder that turn? If so, there's your culprit. Other than that...
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I'll bite...what's the allusion?

Comment

Comment

It happened again. Different game. After it happened, I went back and picked out the last autosave before it occurred and replayed up to that point.

Play this save and take Cherokee on this turn and see what happens.

Comment

Sorry, here it is
            Attached Files

Comment

It's a bug. It's fixed in the Unofficial patch (see sticky).

Bh

Comment

Thanks,

Dirty

Comment

Working...
                X