Footsteps Keep Disappearing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footsteps Keep Disappearing...

Post patch (3.13), every now and then footsteps in the terrain appear, but then they don't appear.

I have all of the highest graphic settings - and a top end machine.

What gives?

Not sure exactly what you mean. Footsteps have always appeared and then faded away, the terrain would look messy otherwise (and it's not very realistic for footsteps to remain in sand for centuries ).

Comment

Originally posted by ColdPhoenix
      Not sure exactly what you mean. Footsteps have always appeared and then faded away, the terrain would look messy otherwise (and it's not very realistic for footsteps to remain in sand for centuries ).
      Well we need some of them to stay around or our anthropologists and other scientists would not be able to discover that type of footwear our ancestors preferred.

Comment

they liked Nike sandals right?

Comment

Sorry, I guess I didn't explain myself clearly.

Sometimes they don't show up at all, and other times they appear.

Comment

Could be to do with the terrain? Footprints in desert but not grassland?

Comment

Maybe add an event in the ancient era where your mystics discover dinosaur footprints and believe them to come from the Titans???
              And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Could be to do with the terrain? Footprints in desert but not grassland?
                no it is all very random... i guess no one else has had this problem?

Comment

It has always been my theory that the footprints indicate the first time you (or maybe anyone) has walked on that tile. If that is not true, then it should be!
                  If you aren't confused,
                  You don't understand.

Comment

Do footsteps appear for only certain units and not for others?

Comment

Originally posted by eris
                      It has always been my theory that the footprints indicate the first time you (or maybe anyone) has walked on that tile. If that is not true, then it should be!
                      Now that I think about it, that could be true! Ditto for birds flying out of jungle.

Comment

Originally posted by agoodfella

no it is all very random... i guess no one else has had this problem?
                        Problem ?!

Comment

Now that I think about it, that could be true! Ditto for birds flying out of jungle.
                          Exactly, eye candy for the exploring stage of the game.
                          If you aren't confused,
                          You don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by agoodfella
                            Do footsteps appear for only certain units and not for others?
                            Why are you even concerned about this? It's strictly a cosmetic thing that's designed to add some atmosphere to the game. It's certainly not important enough to get worried about. In other words, "Who Cares?"

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

Why are you even concerned about this? It's strictly a cosmetic thing that's designed to add some atmosphere to the game. It's certainly not important enough to get worried about. In other words, "Who Cares?"
                              Good point Willem.
                              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Working...
                              X