Can't build SpaceShip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't build SpaceShip

When I'm playing BTS I can't build a SpaceShip. I do have the wonder and have aluminum. With Warlords I had no problem.

Another thing is that I can't save my files over older saved games. This problem occured after the the first patch (i think) of Civ4.

Could someone enlighten me?
    An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

Not sure about the save problem, I usually don't try to overwrite my saves.

As for the spaceship: I have to ask the standard question. Are you sure the game hasn't already ended? If time runs out or someone gets a victory, you won't be able to build the spaceship even if you keep playing.

If the clock's still running and no one's won yet, I'm not sure why that would be, as long as you have the proper tech to start building parts.

Comment

Another dumb question. Do you have that victory condition enabled?
      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Has anyone completed the apollo wonder?
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

In Civ IV, Apollo is a Small Wonder, so you have to build your own version before starting any spaceship parts.
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

The game has not ended and I have build The Apollo Wonder.
            I checked the custum game to see if that victory condition was enabled. Or should I check this elsewhere?
            An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

Comment

Hit F8 and look under Settings (I think it is). It should list all available victory conditions. If you started it as a custom game, then different conditions can be turned off. If you just did the Play Now thing then it is on by default I'm pretty certain.
              Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
                In Civ IV, Apollo is a Small Wonder, so you have to build your own version before starting any spaceship parts.
                Ah, it's listed as a team project.???
                Didn't know everyone had to build their own. The only few games I went SS I was ahead in techs and was always the first capable to build so didn't notice.
                Thx.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                X