Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 bugs in 2 games (I think)?

Deleted by owner
    Last edited by Game-God; October 13, 2007, 03:37.

The first picture you have is for building the Forbidden Palace. To build this you need at least 8 cities.
    You also need 6 Ziggurats. Because this unique building replaces courthouses you need to build ziggurats instead.
    I think that you need more Ziggurats than Courthouses to build the Forbidden Palace due to the decreased cost
    (90 for Ziggurats vs 120 for Courthouse)

For the second picture I think it is probably the infantry in the city that has taken the collateral damage not your machine gunner since only 1 unit has taken damage.

Comment

zigs i don't really know. i thought maybe it was a map size issue, but i tested it and that's not the case. my guess is that the lower FP requirement was removed. the lower requirement isn't mentioned in the civilopedia, only in pre-release info.

for the "collateral" damage question you have it exactly right in one way, collateral is the key word, meaning sort of secondary, bonus but not the original goal. the machine gun only took damage when it was the defender, and was being actively attacked. the unit that suffered collateral damage is the infantry or another unit, while the MG was defending.

MGs can take direct damage from siege weapons when they're the defender being targeted. it's when another unit is defending, and the MG is just part of the stack, that the immunity comes into play.

Comment

Deleted by owner
        Last edited by Game-God; October 13, 2007, 03:37.

Comment

Deleted by owner
          Last edited by Game-God; October 13, 2007, 03:38.

Comment

The number of prerequisite structures required depends on map size. 6 is the default for most things on a standard size map, while it climbs to 8 on huge. The ziggurat might only require 2/3 the number of courthouses. I'm guessing you're on huge map size based on the minimap in the second screenshot, am I right?
            Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Quillan
              The number of prerequisite structures required depends on map size. 6 is the default for most things on a standard size map, while it climbs to 8 on huge. The ziggurat might only require 2/3 the number of courthouses. I'm guessing you're on huge map size based on the minimap in the second screenshot, am I right?
              i tested that, there wasn't a difference between zigs and CHs. my test was using patch 3.02, not 3.13. my theory is still that they changed it before release (or in a patch) without a change in the link Game-God posted above.

Comment

Deleted by owner
                Last edited by Game-God; October 13, 2007, 03:38.

Comment

Working...
                X