No announcement yet.

Unofficial BTS 3.13 patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do custom games all the time. Not those exact settings, but different settings each game (I like variety).

Are you sure you installed the patch correctly?

Why don't you try installing it as a mod, instead?

Wodan

Comment

Well, he said in the initial post that it was best to make a back-up of the vanilla dll, so I assumed that meant that I was supposed to substitute his dll file for the vanilla one in the \assets folder

But installing it as a mod sounds like a good way to go.

Comment

i tried d-loading the file again, just in case it was corrupted or something, and this time I did it from the Civ Fanatics site. But the result was the same -- the game did a CTD the moment I tried to launch a new game. Bhruic, if you're watching here, please help! I can't imagine what I've done wrong, since we're only talking about 1 file here!

This is almost as frustrating as that piece of junk 3.13 patch. But in this case at least I imagine there's some hope before too many months pass.

Comment

With the latest DLL I have sometimes the same problem (CTD at start), usually a PC reboot solve the problem for me.
          By the way I have also some random CTD due to problems with video memory during the game.
          Please note that they never occurred before I installed
          version 1.11.

Comment

I had something odd happen in my last game. I got the "Greed" quest, said to myself, "sure, why not", built an army, went and conquered York, and as soon as its borders expanded to cover the Copper tile (target of Greed), it said I had failed the quest.

In case I had to actually occupy the tile, I loaded a save and fortified a unit on it. No difference.

About the only other thing I can think of is that I would have to fortify a unit on it while England still owns York. Is that right?

Wodan

Comment

Don't know if this is Unofficial patch specific or not, but there seems to be a bug with the Apostolic palace.

Izzy built it (Buddhist) and then I captured it (Jewish). I get the "vote for" option every once in a while, however I'm the only candidate listed -- "Abstain" being the only other option. (This is likely due to my having the majority of votes)

The really perplexing thing however is that after the vote...nothing happens. No other votes come up, even when other Jewish states are fighting one another.

Let me know if any screen shots or other info would help.
              For some the fairest thing on this dark earth is Thermopylae, and Spartan phalaxes low'ring lances to die -- Sappho

Comment

Originally posted by Yaga
                Don't know if this is Unofficial patch specific or not, but there seems to be a bug with the Apostolic palace.

Izzy built it (Buddhist) and then I captured it (Jewish). I get the "vote for" option every once in a while, however I'm the only candidate listed -- "Abstain" being the only other option. (This is likely due to my having the majority of votes)

The really perplexing thing however is that after the vote...nothing happens. No other votes come up, even when other Jewish states are fighting one another.

Let me know if any screen shots or other info would help.
                Doesn't sound like a bug.

1.) The person who has the AP is always eligible for the election, regardless of the religion they're running. The AP itself, however, is always linked to the original religion, and other candidates can only be from that religion. In this case, if Izzy was the only Buddhist civ and you wiped her out (or she switched religions,) you'll be the only candidate.

2.) AP resolutions are context-dependent. If the prerequisite situation doesn't exist, then sometimes no resolutions will come up. In this case, it doesn't matter whether or not Jewish states are fighting because, again, the AP is linked to the Buddhist religion, not Jewish.
                "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

I have the Steam package... And the folders are totally different. How should I install the DLL?
                  RIAA sucks
                  The Optimistas
                  I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Question: I want to use this dll file as a mod. Do I just create a folder in the mod folder of BtS called x, then create an assets folder in the new folder called x with this dll in it, or is there something else I have to do?
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Roughly that's all you have to do. I'm not sure if creating the .ini file is mandatory or not, but I've done it just in case.

Bh

Comment

The file structure for Vista is different - any suggestions as to how to install?

I over wrote one dll in ~mygames\beyondthe sword but didn't seem to change anything.

Comment

[deleted, my mistake]
                          Last edited by guermantes; January 17, 2008, 14:28.
                          "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

Comment

Originally posted by Zebek
                            Not sure if this is a feature or a bug that must be fixed.

In a game where I founded a religion im trying to spread it looking for free cash. I send a misionary to an AI civ and when i try to spread it...... oh no !! button is darked. He changed to Theocracy a few turns ago an i didnt noticed !! Since I dont want to mantain the misionary I gift him to the AI with the hope he will use him in any of his cities as soon as he changes to another religion civic (smart, it isnt?)

Surprise comes when in the next turn my religion is spreaded in the city where I gifted the misionary, ... and hes still running Theocracy !! (ok, now AI is smarter than me )

is this a bug or a feature?? did this happend to anyone before?

Im running BtS with 3.13 and Bruhic's patch.
                            I was going to post about two issues, and this was one of them. I was able to spread a non-state religion in my own civ under theocracy. Maybe I remember wrong, but I think I have tried this on earlier versions and it wasn't possible. My point being, I think this is a change from vanilla, but I don't know whether it is intentional or not.

My other issue is with culture from the Sistine Chapel. Is the bonus culture from the Chapel supposed to double due to building age? I had a temple that was producing 12 culture, seems like it should be 7. Note: the temple was old enough to double culture, not the chapel.
                            You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

Culture bonus doubles every so often, yes. It's unlikely that the Sistine Chapel would double in my games, as it's unlikely I'd have it long enough for that to happen in a normal game, but I suppose if you built it shortly after the turn of the century it's possible.
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Seedle

I was going to post about two issues, and this was one of them. I was able to spread a non-state religion in my own civ under theocracy. Maybe I remember wrong, but I think I have tried this on earlier versions and it wasn't possible. My point being, I think this is a change from vanilla, but I don't know whether it is intentional or not.
                                I've been told that it's been that way from the beginning (Vanilla 1.0). I can't confirm or deny that because I don't recall ever trying it back then - I simply assumed that you couldn't, based on the description (not that I used Theocracy much in any case).

My other issue is with culture from the Sistine Chapel. Is the bonus culture from the Chapel supposed to double due to building age? I had a temple that was producing 12 culture, seems like it should be 7. Note: the temple was old enough to double culture, not the chapel.
                                "Supposed" to is a difficult one to answer, you'd have to ask someone from Firaxis. My understanding is that because the culture is "added" to the Temple, it doubles when the Temple doubles. Whether that's the correct way to handle it is open to debate.

Bh

Comment

Working...
                                X