Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update:
    • Fixed bug (introduced) causing endless loop at "waiting for players"
    • Fixed bug (introduced) causing the Great Persons civilopedia entries to be blank
    • Stolen techs can no longer be traded with No Tech Brokering enabled
    • New Colonies mirror their Master's tech status with No Tech Brokering enabled
    • New Colonies mirror their Master's exploration (map) status
    • Healthy/Unhealthy bonuses will display properly under more circumstances (events, etc)

Bh

Comment

Not sure if this is a feature or a bug that must be fixed.

In a game where I founded a religion im trying to spread it looking for free cash. I send a misionary to an AI civ and when i try to spread it...... oh no !! button is darked. He changed to Theocracy a few turns ago an i didnt noticed !! Since I dont want to mantain the misionary I gift him to the AI with the hope he will use him in any of his cities as soon as he changes to another religion civic (smart, it isnt?)

Surprise comes when in the next turn my religion is spreaded in the city where I gifted the misionary, ... and hes still running Theocracy !! (ok, now AI is smarter than me )

is this a bug or a feature?? did this happend to anyone before?

Im running BtS with 3.13 and Bruhic's patch.

Comment

I believe Theocracy doesn't prohibit you from spreading, just other players.

Wodan

Comment

Originally posted by wodan11
          I believe Theocracy doesn't prohibit you from spreading, just other players.

Wodan

If that's true, then my not knowing it would be explained by my NEVER having used Theocracy. OTOH, I've never been tempted because I assumed that even I wouldn't be able to spread religions, in preparation for Free Religion.

But anymore, I prefer to build that golden "permits all religious civics" wonder, and skip the whole state religion thingy.

Comment

Well, it's easily enough tested. Or, just wait and Snoopy or somebody will confirm for us. Anyway I think I read something to this effect in one of the version or patch release change notes.

Wodan

Comment

IIRC Theocracy restricts missionaries by religion, not by civ. Either you or the Theo civ should be able to spread the Theo civ's state religion, but not any of the others. If you weren't able to spread the religion, and the AI stayed in Theo but was able, that sounds like a bug, unless something was changed in BTS and I didn't realize it.

I recall having the exact problem you describe Jaybe, where I was in Theo and wanted to spread multiple religions around, but my non-state missionaries had their buttons grayed out.

Comment

While in Theocracy I've spread a non-state religion which I discovered. Don't know if I should have been able to or not.
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

If you spread it to one of your own cities, then it would sound like a bug. But if it's to somebody else (who wan't in Theology) then it's fine.

Basically being in Theology is supposed to prevent a non state religion to spreading to any city in the empire of that player by all means while at the same time fully allowing the state religion to be spread.
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Oops, yes, to my cities.
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Yeah, I've got to admit that being able to spread non-state religions in your own Civ seems like a bug when you compare it to the description (which is pretty straightforward). But I've been informed (I don't remember myself) that it's always been this way in Civ IV. Hard to believe it's been overlooked this long if it is a bug.

If anyone happens to have "back channel" contacts to Firaxis, can you ask them where it's FAD or not?

Bh

Comment

After reading your posts want to say a few things:

- I was trying to spread a non-state religion in a civ under Theocracy; I wasnt able to do it but when i gifted him a misionary he did it inmediatly. (maybe my first post was a bit confusing about that. It was my state religion but wasnt his state religion)

- I think its a bug because its directly against the game rules since the description of Theocracy its clear enough.

- Its possible that this bug remains since long, as Bhruic says (maybe since vanilla release), and its not fixed by Firaxis due no threads were posted talking about that??

- Its in the "Bhruic's patch" ideology to fix this kind of bugs that are in the game for long but are clearly bugs??
                        (with this i mean Bhruic's ideology is to try to fix bugs, not implementing things that "can be better for the game" because thats modding)

Of course community, or even Firaxis, must decide if this is a bug or not. Anyways, as i said before, Theocracy description is really clear; it doesnt speak about misionaries only about religions and non-state religions cant be spread. There are some ways to spread a non-state religion, your own misionaries, foreign misionaries, own shrine, near shrine, far away shrine ..... no spreading allowed under Theocracy.
                        Last edited by Zebek; November 8, 2007, 10:50.

Comment

Just found a thing im not sure if its a minor bug but looks like.

If there is any resource (like Iron or Copper) in a desert tile and you hover the mouse over that tile, you cant see correctly the extra hammers/comerce the resource gets directly without improvement. I.e. a desert tile with Iron must show a hammer (only one) when unimproved.

EDIT: After playing a bit with WB it happens the same with Ice tiles.
                          Last edited by Zebek; November 13, 2007, 16:24.

Comment

peculiarities, something to do with unofficial patch?

I am playing a BTS single player game with the 1.11 version of the unofficial BTS patch and noticed two peculiarities:

- During wars, opponents were *always* willing to capitulate after I captured their second city. This happened with four opponents. My win point value was 2-2.5 times theirs, but still it seems quite early for capitulation.

- An enemy spy has twice destroyed my space ship bio generator in a town that I have just recently captured from another civ, and that was still under rebellion. I have not built the space ship bio generator in that town, nor have I built anything in that town at that point.

My question is (to Bhruic):

Can this behaviour have anything to do with the fixes you made?

If not, is this the expected behaviour that the game should work, or a bug?

Comment

Neither of those are related to anything I've changed. Capitulation is actually quite easy if you are a lot more powerful than another Civ. Well, it will depend a little on who you are fighting. But in general, it's not that tough to get.

The other issue is under some debate. Spies are allowed to target space ship parts, even if completed. And they can do that in any city. I'm not sure that's the proper way to handle it, but my understanding is that it was done that way deliberately.

Bh

Comment

Originally posted by marvinkosh
                                Bhruic,

I think something in the unofficial patch is causing a CTD when I'm loading an old game or starting a new one. If I revert to the official patch 3.13 DLL then I can load or start a new game without problems.
                                Bhruic, you never responded to this message, and I find that I have the same problem. I cannot start a new game with your .dll in the folder.

I'm a little surprised that no one else has reported this problem. Is it possible that it's because of the particular kind of game that I am playing (custom continents, random number of continents, random seed on re-load, random personalities). Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X